How to Make Corn Relish
Easy Corn Relish
One of the best parts about summer is salads. I love any kind of salad, from potato to pasta to coleslaw. My mother loved corn relish and I found a delicious, easy way to make it for her. Another thing I love about the salads of summer is how convenient they are. With a few of these tucked away in the fridge, all you have to do is BBQ some meat and you have an easy, quick, yummy dinner. It's also a terrific way to get lots of different veggies into your diet. I hope you like my corn relish!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- One 12-ounce can corn
- 2 tablespoons minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced pimento
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, onion powder, curry powder, vinegar, water and corn in saucepan. Stir until well blended.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in green pepper and pimento. Let cool and refrigerate. That's all there is to it!
Salad Recipe books
More by this Author
Feral cats can be turned into friendly pets with a lot of patience and love. Here are my tips on how to make that happen.