How to Make Fresh Rhubarb Jam
Rate this jam recipe!
This easy to make jam has a very smooth, spreadable consistency kind of like apple butter. It keeps well and will freeze if you want to make a large batch. This is a great way to use your fresh rhubarb harvest or try out a new fruit.
- 2.5 lbs or 7.5 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp orange peel, grated
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Sterilize canning jars and set out with their rings and lids on your work surface.
- In a large sauce pan, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil. Once a rolling boil is achieved, reduce heat to medium-high and continue to cook for 30-45 minutes. Watch it carefully as to not over cook. You can add a few drops of red food coloring if you want a rich color.
- Stir mixture occassionally, watch for the mixture to begin to thicken. Once it is thick, turn off the heat and ladle the jam into your sterile canning jars. Seal the jars with lids and rings.
- Store jam in the refrigerator and transfer to the freezer once the jars have cooled.
More by this Author
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
No comments yet.