How to Make Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce
Garlic butter sauce is a traditional recipe that, on occasion, could use a little spicing up. Pour it over bbq roasted corn, or as a dipping sauce for grilled shrimp and lobster.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat until very hot. Saute the onions for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the spices and water. Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Place the butter and the onion spice mixture in a blender or food processor, process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from blender or processor, refrigerate for thirty minutes. Bring to room temperature before serving as a spread for bbq corn on the cob. Toss a small amount with all your favorite grilled or roasted vegetables for added flavor.
- To use as a sauce, melt over low heat and serve in small dishes for dipping grilled shrimp, lobster, even steak.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to brighten the flavor of seafood
If you prefer a quick skillet meal, saute shrimp or your favorite seafood in Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce, and serve with rice, or with warm tortillas and salsa for seafood tacos. As a spread, it can also be used for a very tasty grilled garlic bread.
More by this Author
With several grapevines growing in our yard, we typically have more than we can use in the season. The grape harvest doesn't last that long. Most of them ripen at just about the same time. And, they have to be picked as...
Aioli pizza, or white pizza, has a flavor entirely different than traditional pies made with a tomato sauce. Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise. While you could add roasted garlic to mayonnaise to make this recipe, I prefer a...
When I was growing up, a special treat was a burger at Bob's Big Boy. It is still one of my favorite memories from my childhood. Unfortunately, Bob's Big Boy closed, and took their burgers with them. After searching and...
No comments yet.