How to Make a Cheeseball
Perfect Holiday Cheesball
You can vary many of the ingredients in this cheesball to taste. This is the recipe that gets raves whenever I serve it at a holiday function!
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- 2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg. Ranch salad dressing mix (do not use dip mix)
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 2 tblsp. deviled ham
In a small bowl, mix Ranch dressing mix with mayo, milk, and sour cream. It is double the strength of the recipe on the pkg, but this will give you a better flavor.
In a seperate bowl, mix cream cheese, deviled ham, grated cheese and add in 1 cup of dressing mixture. Mix on low speed with hand mixer until creamy. Freeze mixture for one hour
Remove mixture from freezer and form into a ball with hands. Roll ball in sliced almonds, which you can crush to get better coverage. Chill until ready to serve!
* This recipe makes a very large cheeseball, so I usually divide it to make two smaller cheese balls.
More by this Author
Through verbal praise, behavior charts, and reward systems, discover positive ways to reinforce good behavior in young children.