Oreo and Black Russian Pie Dessert Recipe
Coffee and Chocolate Chilled No-Bake Pie
Coffee and chocolate go great together. This recipe is for no-bake pie using chocolate cream filled cookies, coffee liqueur and marshmallows.
This is great garnished with chocolate whipped cream or chocolate. Here are some suggestions:
- To make chocolate whipped cream: Simply beat whipping cream with a little sugar and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Pipe on the pie as desired.
- Shave a bar of chocolate with a vegetable peeler or grate a bar of chocolate with a grater, and decorate the top of the pie with the shavings.
- Melt milk or dark chocolate and drizzle some over the top and let set up before serving.
Cook & Prep Time
Ingredients for Crust and Pie
- 14 each Oreo cookies, or similar style sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 24 each large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk, cold
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Kahlua, or similar coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- For the Crust: Process the cookies in a food processor to make crumbs. Dump the crumbs into a bowl and add in the melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Place the crust in the freezer while the filling is being made.
- Melt the marshmallows, milk, and salt together in a double boiler. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until firm peaks form.
- Stir the coffee liqueur into the marshmallow mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator until the mixture is firm to spreadable, about a half an hour.
- Transfer the pie filling into the chilled pie crust. Place the finished pie in the freezer until the mixture is firm enough to cut.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate, or melt chocolate and drizzle some on the top before serving.
More by this Author
Biscuits are supposed to be light, fluffy, moist and at times either rich, savory or sweet. If biscuits are tough and heavy, then a few things could be the problem. Here are some reasons why biscuits may be tough or...
A matignon is a little-referred to term for an important part of cooking. It is a combination of vegetables and other flavorful ingredients (bacon and ham are two popular additions), and can be used as an ingredient or...
You don't need a special embroidery machine to do machine embroidery. Machine embroidery can be done with a standard sewing machine. Here are the steps to complete the task.