How to make Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rate this recipe
As always, when winter comes along, the sugary particles of my taste buds awaken from their summer slumber and demand that those early morning cravings are satisfied.
On their own accord, the fingers start taping on the keyboard searching the internet for the hottest new recipe, for that one thing which will create the feeling of complete and utter bliss.
Sometimes this seems like an never-ending process, with the over working on full force for weeks and weeks, kitchen utensils being broken on daily basis and local shops living off my ingredient purchases.
This time, however, I found the perfect thing in a heartbeat.
My hedonistic desires and tendencies finally found their fix – Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie.
Some more delicious Oreo recepies
- A Delicious Oreo Cupcake Recipe
Quick easy desserts are fun to make. This Oreo cupcake recipe is part of a series of hubs on Oreo cookie recipes.
- Fried Oreo Cookies Recipe
Here were going to be taking a look at something you may have only dreamed about before. We all..
- The Best Oreo Mousse Recipe
This is an Oreo mousse recipe that is so easy to prepare that even children can make this dessert.
So how you make these divine nuggets?
When I found the recipe online I was ecstatic. However, it took me several tries to perfect it. By constant modifications and tweaks, I will not share my version of Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies.
US vs. metric measures
For all the sweets lovers outside of US, the measures presented here are also in metric system numbers. The metric measurements, however, will give you slightly more dough – lets say...2 cookies more :).
- 1 cup / 250ml butter, softened
- ½ cup / 125ml brown sugar
- ¾ cup / 190ml normal (granulated) sugar
- 2 large eggs, or 3 smaller ones
- 1,5 tablespoon / 25ml vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups / 850ml all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon / 5ml salt
- 1 teaspoon / 5ml baking soda, if you put slightly more, it's ok
- ·2 cups / 500ml chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Mix softened butter, brown sugar and regular sugar in a bowl with a mixer. In a separate cup, use a mixer to beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix everything together until you get a nice, even mixture.
- Take out another, slightly larger than the first one, and mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly, scoop by scoop, start adding in the ingredients from the first (eggs and sugar, etc) bowl into the second (flour) one. Use your hands to properly mix all the ingredients. Mix and play with it until you get an even piece of dough.
- Wrap the dough into a transparent foil, and put into the fridge to sit for approximately 1 to 1,5 hours. Use this time for something useful, like performing a DIY facial, nails, etc. :)
- After the time is up, take the dough out of the fridge and start by taking two pieces and flattening it with your hands. Place the Oreo in the middle of one piece, and put the other it on top of the Oreo. Press the edges tightly together until sealed and the entire cookie is wrapped in dough.
- Turn on the oven and preheat it on 350 degrees F (180 degrees Celsius)
- Continue making Oreo nuggets until you spend all the dough. Place them on the baking surface, put into the oven, and leave in there for approximately 15 - 17 minutes until they turn gold brown.
- And voila! You’re done. Wait till they cool down and enjoy!
Store your cookies in this:
More by this Author
Drummers - every band needs them, but that doesn't stop us from making jokes on their expense. This is just a selection of my favorite drummer jokes i either heard or read online.
Female drummers are almost an oxymoron. Good female drummers definitely are – at least according to top drummers charts scattered around the net. So who are those (as we will refer to them in the future) pioneers...