How to make an Egg Casserole | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
This is another one of those egg recipes that stretches the dollar, and in these trying times may be useful. All the elements of good nutrition are here from carbs to proteins, plus the good taste to get them down your neck. It comes from “The Cupboard Drawer” cookbook that my mum and dad, Dorothy and Mel, published in 1998 so all rights reserved etc, and I’ve added some Hammer Jammer variations as well. Enjoy…
1 Lb Ground Pork Sausage, (Variation: and ground meat I like it w Ground Chuck as well)
1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls (8)
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese ( Provolone works well w Italian Sausage meat)
2 ea Medium Green Bell Peppers Seeded and Chopped
1 Medium Sweet Onion Chopped
1 4 0z can of Mushroom bits
¾ Cup of Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Deg
- Prepare a greased 13 X 9 in Baking Pan (I use PAM Spray)
- In a skillet over high heat cook brown the sausage thru and thru, drain the fat once and then add peppers, mushrooms, and onions cook till tender. (Sometimes I leave out the peppers so they are crunchier at serving)
- Spread the rolls evenly in the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a Medium mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk and a fourth of the cheese, and veggies you want to be crunchier. Mix ‘em all up.
- Over the rolls spread out the sausage mix, followed by ½ the remaining cheese, and the Egg mix,
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins at about the 15 minute mark spread the remaining cheese over the top. Cook till the Eggs start to show a little brown/gold color on top.
- Let stand about 5 mins after baking and serve w toast, OJ, Coffee and Milk (I like Chocolate), Add a half of Grapefruit for all of its health benefits and you have an enhanced nutrition meal that will set your kids up for success in school, work, or play..
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...