How to make gummy bears
Some interesting facts about gummy bears
- The word gummy bear comes from the German word ( gummibarchen)
- It is a rather tiny fruit candy made out of sugar and gelatin and it is shaped in the form of a bear
- It is 2 centimeters long
- The inventor of the gummy bears was a man by the name of Hans Rigel
Just for fun
- 3 packages of gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of jello with flavor make sure there is no sugar in them
- 1 tablespoon of sugar kool-aid, have the flavor be the same as the jello
- 1/2 cup of ice water
- Some candy molds
Steps to make the gummy bears
- First off you need to get the gelatin along with the kool-aid and the jello and mix all of those ingridients together.
- Then next up in a bowl plate add the gelatin, kool-aid, then the jello plus 1/2 cup of water to go along with it.
- Start to mix all of the ingridients well that are in the bowl make sure not to go too fast or too slow when doing the mixing part.
- Let the mixture to stay until it is slushy or either watery. Then after that put the mix inside a microwave and leave it there for 1 minute and 15 seconds or until the top of the mixture boils or has bubbles.
- Get an eyedropper and apply the mixture onto your preffered candy molds. After that you put away the candy mold containers with the mixture inside the freezer leave them there for the whole night. For the following day you will see how the candy gummy has formed and whola! it's ready to be enjoyed.
|Serving size: 61.5|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 3077 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 92 g||184%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 6 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Make your own gummy bears instructional video
© 2013 Jennifer Pena