Joe's Crab Shack Hot Crab Dip copy cat recipe with real crab meat
Joe's Crab Shack Crab Dip copy cat recipe
Rate this dip!
Easy crab dip
This is a scrumptious, slightly modified crab dip from Joe's Crab Shack.
The main reason this is a copy cat recipe is because we use real crab meat, not canned or artificial crab meat. It's a bit more time consuming, but worth the effort. For anyone that remembers Joe's Crab Shack restaurant, it was one of the best seafood joints in town. Full of fun and great decorative island atmosphere with a variety of delicious seafood delicacies.
We love this dip served warm as an appetizer for parties or casual gatherings, even as a snack it's great and rather filling. We serve it with veggies and wheat crackers. Try it once, you'll love it!
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- 4 teaspoons green peppers, minced
- 4 teaspoons onion, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup mozerella cheese, grated
- 6 oz Alaskan king crab meat, shelled, steamed, and torn into small pieces
- Steam your crab leg(s), shell and tear meat into small pieces. Combine cream cheese, butter, and sour cream in a bowl until well blended, add the crab meat.
- Next, mix in the paprika and seasoning salt.
- Then stir in the green pepper, onion, and mozzarella cheese.
- Put the mixture in an oven safe bowl, set the oven to 350F and bake for 10-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately with vegetables and crackers for dipping. Yum!
Crab dip appetizer
Other tasty treats!
- Slow Cooker Crock Pot Spinach, Cream Cheese & Sausag...
One of the best slow cooker recipes I've found. Easy, delicious, and way more gourmet then it seems.
- A Reuben sandwich dip!
Game Day Reuben crock pot dip! If you like corn beef Reuben's you will LOVE this recipe.
More by this Author
This recipe is great for family cook-outs and holidays. It's easy to make and absolutely delicious, try it and watch it become your families next favorite redskin potato salad recipe!
The easiest, most delicious crockpot roast you'll ever make.
With a little effort and practice, you can begin to easily see and read energy auras. Here's how.