Kid Friendly Back to School Recipes. Part 1.
lasagna roll ups
We all have busy schedules during the school year. Why make dinner a hassle?
It's that time again. Kids are going back to school,and with that comes sports and after school activities. And with an already hectic work schedule for most adults,it helps to know some delicious recipes that will not only save you time,but also will taste like you spent hours slaving in a hot kitchen! (This is one recipe of many,I will list the rest of them in seperate articles.)
Quick Lasagna Roll Ups
If your family has a hunger for Italian food,this one's for you!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 26 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 18 lasagna noodles
- 1 15oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh), chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 12oz package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook your ground beef,oregano,garlic powder,and onion in a large skillet,using medium heat for about 10 minutes,or until beef is browned and onion is cooked. Add your spaghetti sauce and sugar,and leave it simmer until sauce is heated.
- Fill a large pot with water,and add a bit of salt. Bring to a boil and add your lasagna noodles. Remember to stir to keep them from sticking,and leave them cook for 8 to 10 minutes,until the noodles are firm,but cooked through,and then drain your water from the noodles.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Mix together your egg,parsley,ricotta cheese,and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese in a bowl
- Take a lasagna noodle,and lay it flat. Use one layer of riccotta cheese mix,one layer pasta sauce,and one layer mozzarella cheese on top of the noodle. Lay another lasagna noodle over top of it. Then roll up the lasagna noodles,as you would a jelly-roll. Place roll in casserole dish. Repeat this process with the remaining noodles and ingredients,and spread your sauce on top of each roll,along with remaining mozzarella cheese,and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese on top is melted,and bubbly
|Calories from Fat||198|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 22 g||34%|
|Carbohydrates 48 g||16%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 34 g||68%|
|Cholesterol 101 mg||34%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Plantar fasciitis. The name itself might sound frightening. Home remedies can help if done correctly, and this article will explain some of the more helpful home remedies out there.
On November 13, 1974, Butch Defeo would murder his family members in cold blood. Stories of hauntings, demonic possession, and other bizarre happenings have centered around the house ever since.
Did you know there are quite a few different types and categories of hauntings? Many people probably think that one haunting experience is the same as any other. But this is far from the truth.
No comments yet.