Easy No Bake Chocolate Pudding Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - Kids Cook Monday
Rate this recipe!
Dessert so easy the kids can make it!
Want an easy chocolate and peanut butter dessert that everybody will love? And it's so easy that the kids can make it from start to finish. No cooking required. No hot oven to turn on. A cool, refreshing dessert that the whole family will love.
Okay, so you've probably heard of a no bake chocolate pudding pie recipe topped with whipped topping...? Well, this recipe is all that plus a secret ingredient. It's not really a secret that chocolate goes perfectly with peanut butter, so we're adding peanut butter to this cool, delicious, no bake pie.This chocolate pudding peanut butter pie is great for summer, as it's served cold, directly from the refrigerator. Requiring no cooking or baking, it keeps the kitchen from getting hot, and the steps involved in putting it together are simple and safe for children of all ages to do. Mixing ingredients, filling a pie crust, smoothing and sprinkling--all activities that are fun and easy.
Ingredients for Chocolate Pudding Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1.4 oz. package dry chocolate pudding, (such as Jello brand)
- 1 3/4 cup milk, cold
- 1 pie crust, graham cracker or Oreo
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, softened
- 4 oz. or more whipped topping, softened
- chocolate spinkles
- Mix dry pudding packet with milk. You can use a wisk if you prefer, but I think that mixing with a beater for two minutes makes the pudding smoother and thickens it more quickly. Plus, kids love to use a mixer; it feels as though they are really cooking. Ask me, as the official cake baker of all the birthdays in my family at the tender age of ten years old! After a good mixing, set the pudding aside.
- Open up graham cracker crust. Actually, I prefer the chocolate crust. Purchase one or crush up Oreos (or other chocolate sandwich cookies) with some melted butter (about 2 Tbs. or so) to make your own. Just mix and press into a pie pan. If your store-bought crust has a plastic cover, save it. Turned upside down, it will make a great lid once you're finished.
- Soften peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. This will make spreading the peanut butter much easier. Spread onto crust and up sides very quickly as peanut butter won't take long to start solidifying.
- Pour pudding over peanut butter and spread until smooth. Put in refrigerator to set for at least an hour.
- Add about half a tub of whipped topping that has been softened at room temperature. Put more if you'd like!
- Who wants to spread the chocolate sprinkles? Sprinkle on top of whipped topping, using as much as you--or the kids--want!
More by this Author
What are easy healthy meals besides salads that you don't have to cook? Try these wraps, sandwiches, cereals, and other ideas for quick, healthy meals.
How to make a fried egg sandwich? It's a quick, tasty meal-in-one that is satisfying any time of day. You can add optional ingredients or just enjoy the basic fried egg sandwich. So delicious!
To be extremely frugal, frugality has to be a lifestyle. Besides frugal and thrifty living, you have to cut things out of your budget and sacrifice. There are also ways to make extra money to add to your budget....