Mock Strawberry Banana Cream Pie - A Pudding Recipe
I love pudding.
I love how it instantly cures a sweet tooth; I love how it is relatively low in calories; and I love how versatile it really is.
So the other day, when I was craving pie, I decided to create this Mock Strawberry Banana Cream Pie. The ingredients were already on hand, so I didn't have to even worry about running to the store. This made the concoction even better.
Do you have these on hand?
- 1 small Box Banana cream pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 container Strawberries, sliced
- 1 bunch bananas, sliced
- Mulling spice
- Graham Crackers, crushed
- Add pudding mix to a medium size bowl.
- Add milk and whisk for about 2 minutes until the pudding starts to set.
- Slice strawberries and bananas. The chunks depend on your preference to how large you want your fruit to be.
- Add the fruit to the pudding mixture.
- Stir in cool whip.
- Crumble graham crackers over the top. Add as many crackers until the dessert is the consistency you like. (I prefer to think of the graham crackers as the crust!)Do not over mix!
- Add mulling spice to taste. (This step is optional so feel free to skip if you do not have mulling spice, or substitute with cinnamon.)
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to eat.
Mock Pudding Pie
I love pudding recipes. They are easy to create and delicious to eat. However, due to the strawberries in this recipe, this is not one that will stay set for very long. It adds too much liquid and will eventually become watery. I would recommend trying this at home before trying to impress company or taking it to another gathering.
As another option, you may add the mixture to a pie crust, store bought or homemade depending on your tastes. That would make this a more traditional type pie for dessert. However, I would recommend putting it in the freezer to harden up the texture. This will make it easier to cut and will make it last longer. Like I said, the strawberries have a tendency to make this dessert watery so it doesn't stay for long.
This is just a few variations you can try while making the recipe. The next time I make this, I am going to put it in a crust, freeze it and add some more strawberries and bananas to the top for decorations. It just goes to show how something like pudding can really turn into a magnificent and impressive dessert!
Hope you enjoy this wonderful summer dessert.
More by this Author
This recipe, Cheesy Potatoes is a definate crowd pleaser. If you are having company coming over, don't hesitate to put this on the menu. Your guests will be full of compliments.
Pudding shots are a great adult recipe for any backyard BBQ. If you are looking for something different to bring, this recipe will be the talk of all your drinking buddies.
Not all states are created equal. If you want to cut hair in a different state, you will be required to transfer your license. On the first day of Beauty School, the last thought in your mind is the possibility of...