Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener – A wine lover's product review
Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener product review comes from a fellow wine lover and includes pictures and videos of how to operate it. Foil or not, cork or not, let's take a look at how to open a bottle of wine with a touch of a button, without having to fumble around. At less than $20 if you buy online, this best selling electric wine opener on Amazon.com is a must have on the kitchen bench for regular and weekend poppers.
Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener: What do you get?
- Electric wine opener
- Recharging base
- Foil opener / Foil cutter
- Instruction / Manual
Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener: Product Review and the good stuff
- Oster has given wine lovers something to cheer about. This product really has a sleek look and will definitely not look out of place on a kitchen bench or even in any corner of the house.
- Opening a bottle of wine with the Oster Electric Wine Opener is a child's play, literally. It takes seconds before you can pull the cork out of a wine bottle and a few more to remove it from the shell of the opener.
- The Oster wine opener is about 12 inches long and its recharging base is a few inches wide. In plain English, this wine opener will not occupy much space on a kitchen bench or on a table top. When you're not using it, you can store it away either in a corner, on a shelf or in a cupboard. It can really be placed anywhere in the house without looking out of place. If you are a fellow wine lover, chances are that you will leave it on the kitchen top in full view of everyone who visits. Because the Oster wine opener makes for great conversations!
- Oster claims that once the electric wine opener is fully recharged, it is good for removing about 30 corks from wine bottles.
- Oster gives 3 color options, Champagne, Merlot and Silver and Black. Silver and Black is universal and will pair well with most kitchens.
- One of the first things that we all look for in electronics is warranty. Oster gives a one year limited warranty which is refreshing to know.
Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener: The bad stuff
Did you think that this product review was going to be all glossy, sugary and an attempt to stuff an electric wine opener down your throat? Definitely not. In tune with being realistic and practical, here are certain issues faced by customers while using the Oster Electric Wine Opener.
Problem: Corks of very old wine bottle can crumble
Solution: If the bottle of wine is very old and you think that the cork is too delicate and fragile, use with discretion.
Problem: Corks or cork fragments get jammed in the shell of the wine opener due to incorrect use.
Solution: Disassemble the wine opener and remove the cork from the shell as per instruction. Next time, read the manual and the instructions before using the electric wine opener!
Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener: How to use it?
Of course, you must read the instructions that are sent to you along with the product before you actually start using the wine opener. The instructions allow you to be aware of some of the common mistakes that users often make that end up with broken corkscrews, broken bottles and grumpy customers.
- Find a stable and flat surface where you can place your wine bottle – preferably a stable kitchen bench
- Find the foil opener or the foil cutter located at the back of the recharging unit
- Place it over the wine bottle firmly
- Twist the wine bottle until the foil simply 'pops away' from the wine bottle
- Make sure that there are no remains of the foil or any obstructions on top of the corkscrew
- Place the Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener over the wine bottle
- Ensure that the wine bottle and the wine opener are in a straight line and are aligned
- Hold the bottle firmly with one hand and hold the wine opener with the other
- Without twisting or turning either the bottle or the wine opener, press the down button on the wine opener and depress it into the cork and the wine bottle
- It will take a few seconds before the wine opener stops by itself
- Pull the cork out carefully, again without twisting or turning
- Push the up button to remove the extracted cork out of the wine opener's shell
- Pour your wine into your wine glass and enjoy!
Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener: Benefits of using an electric wine opener as opposed to a corkscrew
- An electronic wine opener requires less effort and minimal pulling. Pushing one button is much easier than twisting a tabletop or a corkscrew.
- You can look classy while opening a bottle of wine. Never will you have that 'struggling face' when you open a bottle of wine in front of your friends with a twist tabletop or a corkscrew. All it will take is pushing a button, depressing the opener into the cork and pulling it out for easy extraction. All this, while you carry a smile on your face.
- The chances of cut and injuries are less with an electronic wine opener. Your hands are not exposed to any sharp edges or blades. The worm or the needle which bores a hole through the cork stays inside the shell of the wine opener.
- Once charged, you can carry it around with you around the house. Better yet, if you are going to be drinking wine in your backyard, simply carry the compact unit along with the recharging base and plug it in to a socket in your backyard or nearby openings.
- The electric wine opener is an awesome 'conversation product'. "Oh wow, that was cool" will be a line that you will hear often if your friends and guests see you seamlessly open a bottle with it. Questions like "Where did you get it?", "How much did you pay for it?" and "How do you use it?" will follow.
- You can misplace a small manual wine opener by leaving it somewhere or in a drawer. But it is hard to misplace an electronic wine opener!
Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener: Verdict
Fumbling to open a bottle of wine simply because you can't get the cork out of the bottle is every entertainer's nightmare. In fact, the fear of not being able to open a wine bottle in the presence of guests can actually make you nervous during a date or a dinner party. The Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener is a wine lover's best bet to put these worries to rest. The wine opener looks great with its sleek design and provides a functional solution to remove corkscrews from wine bottles. $20 for a best selling product that can be used in the holidays, and year round, definitely receives a massive thumbs-up in our books!
More by this Author
Whiskey stones are stones used to keep whiskies cold without worrying about the whiskey diluting because of the ice. Whiskey stones can be used for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and they are a great way to keep...
Learning how to drink whiskey is a simple yet very intricate art form much like learning how to taste wine, beer and other forms of alcohol. The world of whiskey and scotch is marred with terms like grains, malts,...
Has your boyfriend changed his behavior? This article discusses some of the everyday signs that show that he isn't interested in you or the relationship any longer.