Pina Colada Tart Pie
Delicious adult pie sure to please all your guests!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn startch
- 1 cup canned cream of coconut, NOT coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tblsp butter
- 2 Tblsp dark rum, or rum extract for non alcoholic version
- 1 can (20oz) sliced pineapple, drained, cut in half
- 1 Tblsp dark rum or orange juice
- 2 Tblsp shredded coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press in bottom and up side of pan. Trim edge if necessary. Prick with fork. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. In small bowl, mix cream of coconut, milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Beat in butter and 2 tablespoons rum with wire whisk. Cool at room temperature 1 hour.
- Pour cooled pie filling into baked tart shell. Arrange pineapple slices in decorative pattern over filling. In small microwavable bowl, microwave jam uncovered on High 20 seconds. Stir in 1 tablespoon rum; mix well with fork. Brush glaze over pineapple. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate until serving.
No comments yet.