Pina Colada Tart Pie
Delicious adult pie sure to please all your guests!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn startch
- 1 cup canned cream of coconut, NOT coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tblsp butter
- 2 Tblsp dark rum, or rum extract for non alcoholic version
- 1 can (20oz) sliced pineapple, drained, cut in half
- 1 Tblsp dark rum or orange juice
- 2 Tblsp shredded coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press in bottom and up side of pan. Trim edge if necessary. Prick with fork. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. In small bowl, mix cream of coconut, milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Beat in butter and 2 tablespoons rum with wire whisk. Cool at room temperature 1 hour.
- Pour cooled pie filling into baked tart shell. Arrange pineapple slices in decorative pattern over filling. In small microwavable bowl, microwave jam uncovered on High 20 seconds. Stir in 1 tablespoon rum; mix well with fork. Brush glaze over pineapple. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate until serving.
More by this Author
It is just the plain truth, men and women are very different!
As the electronic age grows, so does the options to meet people. Do you think it encourages cheating?
Looking for a fresh idea to propose? Here are 46 ideas to choose from or inspire you to create your own!
No comments yet.