Bear N Mom Recipes - Banana Split Cake
This cake starts with a boring cake mix, but it's what is done to the mix that makes it special. It's another "Try it -- You'll like it" from the recipe hat box.
This cake is decadence beyond belief and oh so does make it worth the calories that you are inhaling while you eat this cake. With this cake, you have a banana split without the ice cream melting all over the plate before you can enjoy the scrumptious flavors.
I have only made this once and the only cake to rival it is the Yum Yum Cake (recipe linked below) that Nunny would make for special family events.
- 1 Box Banana Cake Mix
- 2 Bananas, overripe
- 1 Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix, 5-1/2 oz.
- 1 Cream Cheese, 8 oz.
- 1-1/2 cups Milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip, 13-1/2 oz.
- 1 small can Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 container Strawberry Glaze
- Fudge Icing
- Chopped Nuts
- Marachino cherries
- Make cake mix as directed. Mash bananas and add to cake mix. Bake in 9 x 12 inch cake pan for 25 to 30 minutes
- Beat together pudding, cream cheese, and milk until spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cake. Spread strawberry glaze lightly over cake cake. Drain pineapple and sprinkle over strawberry glaze.
- Heat your hot fudge icing in a double boiler until runny and drizzle over the entire cake.
- Spread cool whip over all 3 toppings or you can make individual dabs on the individual portions Sprinkle with chopped nuts and top with marachino cherries.
More by this Author
This cake recipe is made with chunks of apples instead of other moistures. It is a great fall apple treat. Buy your apples at the AVFD Flea Market
Valentine's Day Cakes and how to make them without a heart-shaped pan. Craft a valentines day cake with a round cake pan and a square cake pan.
Devotion to St. Therese also known as the Little Flower.
No comments yet.