The Best Smoked Salmon Pate Recipe Ever.
- 125g smoked salmon
- 30g butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- ½ tsp French mustard
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter gently in small saucepan. Roughly chop the smoked salmon and place it in the food processor with the melted butter then blend again until combined.
2. Gradually add combined lemon and oil, blend until smooth. Add cream, mustard and cream cheese (if using), then blend until combined.
3. Season with salt and pepper, fold in the finely-chopped shallots and chopped chives.
4. Spoon pate mixture into individual serving dishes, smooth tops with a small spatula.
5. Garnish with a chopped chives, parsley or a small piece of lemon, cover with cling film and refrigerate for three hours.
6. Serve with toast triangles.
Absolutely gorgeous recipe, and if you are feeling adventurous you can line small ramekin dishes with strips of smoked salmon, then fill with the pâté, fold the exposed salmon over the pâté and refrigerate until set. If you then invert the dishes on to individual plates you will have perfect smoked salmon pâté parcels.
More by this Author
Growing your own Ginger Beer Plant and then making your own alcoholic Ginger Beer is easier than you might think. This article explains in detail how to go about it and what results you can expect to achieve....
This is my own savoury sausage roll recipe, and it always gets compliments due to it's great savoury flavour. The size of the rolls or parcels can be varied, so party size options can easily be an alternative, just...
In this article I hope to list most of the more common houseplants that are dangerous to cats so that you can either ensure you don't bring them into your home or at least you can keep them out of the reach of your...