Soothing~Healing Herbal Teas~Chinese Tea
Chinese have known about the medicinal benefits of green tea since ancient times.
Green tea and healing herbal teas have been used in China as a medicine for at least 4,000 years.
Chinese and other ancient cultures, founded and have used green tea and chinese tea to treat everything from headaches to depression.
There is nothing, more soothing or better for mankind or for one's physical self than to drink green chinese tea.
Health Benefits of Tea
Recent research on the health benefits of tea were performed on green and black teas.
Many years have gone by, and now we are hearing about the positive benefits of white tea and how it improves one's health.
White teas are relatively new to the tea drinking world.
Recently, it was said that all white teas were imported from China, and mostly from Fujan Province.
Now countries like India are processing, Darjeeling as white tea.
The delicate taste of white tea is sometimes a welcome change over the grassy and bitter taste of green tea.
Because, white tea is the least processed of all the family teas. It has the highest level of anti-oxidants which positively affect the immune system.
Recent research shows that white tea can actually destroy in-Vitro organisms that causes harmful diseases.
White teas are very powerful in that it can cleanse the mind, the soul, as well as the body.
In today's research there are no foods or drinks that have as many health benefits as green tea.
In Asia and the West there is scientific research that provides evidence for health benefits associated with drinking green tea.
Research indicates that drinking green tea lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improving the ratios of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.
Green tea has antioxidants that protects against a large range of cancers, including lung, prostrate and breast cancers.
If patients diagnosed with certain cancers would drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily, they would see a decrease in the growth of their cancer cells.
Here are seven benefits of drinking Green Tea
1. Cardiovascular: EGCG an antioxidant found in green tea lowers heart disease.
2. Skin Protection: Topical applications protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
3. Increases Metabolic Rate: Green tea raises metabolic rates and speeds up fat oxidation and increases endurance in exercise.
4. Prevent diabetes: Drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea reduces the risk of diabetes.
5. Boost Mental Alertness: Green tea increases alpha brainwave activity.
6. Boost Immune System: Fights Infection by boosting the disease-fighting capacity of Gamma Delta T cells.
7. Lowers Chances of Cognitive Impairment: Drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily, the chances of having cognitive impairment is lowered.
Oolong tea is an ancient Chinese tea.
Originally developed in the Fujian Province of China during the Ming Dynasty,
Today, Oolong tea is primarily produced in three regions: China, Taiwan and Sri Lanka.
The best Oolong tea is grown in Taiwan.
Oolong tea lies somewhere between green and black tea.
Oolong tea has a refreshing and aromatic taste.
Oolong is a favorite weight loss tea.
It helps boost the metabolism.
Here are seven benefits of drinking Oolong Tea
1. Boosts Immune System: High in antioxidants
2. Weight Loss & Digestion: Drinking three cups of Oolong tea a day can result in weight loss.
3. Anti-Cancer Properties- High in antioxidants.
4. Diabetes Prevention: Improve one's insulin activity.
5. Skin Protection:Protection from suns UV rays.
6.Reduce the risk of a Stroke: 2 to 3 cups daily reduces the risk of having a stroke.
7. Allergies-Bacterial infections: Drinking 2 to 3 cups daily aids in allergies and bacteria
Adding tea to your list of possible beverages is a good idea.
If you do not drink tea, I suggest that you try it.
Have a cup.
It is an aromatic and delicious drink.
If you drink a cup of tea a day, I suggest that you consider having two cups a day.
And, if you drink it frequently and consistently, you will see all the benefits.
Tea is a huge part of our everyday life.
We may never stop to think about, how a unique plant from China became one of our nation's most popular and favorite drink.
"Make Time for Tea"
More by this Author
Bitter Melon is a beautiful light or dark green skin fruit with smooth ridges, thick flesh and a very bitter taste. Bitter Melon has an excellent source of nutritional vitamins. It is great for diabetes and other...