South Indian Meal - How to make.
Simple South Indian Meal.
How Simple is the Meal.
- The simple south Indian Meal stays only for 6 hours in your stomac.If you take your mid day meal at 1:00 PM you will get hungry at 7:00 PM.The meal is pure vegetarian with Rice.What are the items or dishes served in the Meal.They are:-
- Palya of Vegetables 2 or 3 types - Boiled and mixed with spices,herbs and tempered with Ghee.
- Palya cut vegetable only one type in Fried Ghee and tempered with spices.
- Papad fried in ground nut oil
- Pickle any type
Making Rice you all know but making other types of rice is not in simple meal.Making Sambar or Curry:-
- Boil water 5 liters and keep it in slow flame.
- Take 1 liter capasity Vessal and pour 3/4 liter water add 50 gms Thurdal.
- Boil the item 2 till thurdal is soft and add cut white pumpkin and boil maintaining the water level at 1/2 liter capasity.Test if pumpkin if it had cooked and add 1/8th spoon of Tamarin paste,Sambar Powder ( Available in Asian Dept Stores ) and boil for 20 minutes and now add salt to taste.Temper with a table spoon of Ground nut and Olive Oil mixed in 50:50 add 1/4 sppoon of Mustered Seeds as it sppters add a pinch of Asfotodia.This is SAMBAR.
- Rasam is done the same way but Pumpkin is not added and instead of Sambar Powder you add Rasam Powder also available in any Asian Dept Stores.
- Palya - Cut Cabbage in to strips 1/2 inch long & 1/8 inch wide strips and grate Carrot and take one cup each of cabbage and Carrot from your Boiling water tank take one liter of boiling water and pour the 2 cups of vegetables and cook.Take a WOk and heat 3 spoons of oil as above mentioned a mix of ground nut oil & Olive Oil,add mustered seeds as it spputters add the 2 cups of carrot & Cabbage add 1/2 cup of grated coco nut,squzee 1/2 a lemon juice,add 1/4 spoon of turmeric and fry for a few secconds and your Palya is ready.
- Cut Boiled Veditable Onion in to small pieces,Cut 2 Pototos in to small pieces and in a WOK pour 2 spoons of oil heat it as mentioned above add 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric few curry leaves,2 green chillis cut in to 1/4 inch pieces squzee 1/2 a lemon juice add the mixture of Onion & Pototo to the WOK and slowly stirr in low flane for 3 minutes your palya No.2 is ready.
- Buy a packet of Papad in the same Asian Dept Store take a wok and pour 1 cup oil a mix of G Nut & Olive Oil heat it well and put a Papad in it will swell as soon as it swells take it out in a big flat spoon and do simiarly to 3 or 4 as you want.Your Papad is ready.
- Pickle pick a small bottle from the same Asian Dept Store of any Indian Pickle and use it as you like with Rice or just lick it from your finger.
- Pick a paper Cup of Curds from your Asian Dept Store.
Your Simple South Indian Meal is ready and it takes just 50 minutes to prepare Rice,Sambar and Rasam.The Papad Pickle and Curd is ready made and you do not do anything just open it and serve,fry Papad only.Meal has just 1,500 Calories.You will be hungry in 7 hours as every thing gets digested during this time.Your snacks time at 6:00PM if you want other wise make dinner as above.
HOW TO EAT - CALL A SOUTH INDIAN FOR MEAL.
More by this Author
Hosur just 50 KM from Bangalore was once known as little England.To-day it has been raped to the extent it cannot be taken back to its Glory.Thanks to our politicians some life exists there,go see.
Hosur and Krishnagiri are close to each other but the place Krishnagiri has very good land scape and looks better than Hosur from the National High Way as you go east towords Channai.Visit this temple.