Strawberry and Whipped Cream Recipes (Salad and Dessert)
There are several ways to make great recipes with strawberries and whipped cream. I have tried making these recipes with homemade whipped cream, as I generally prefer it to store-bought whipped topping. However, even though fresh whipped cream tastes terrific, it doesn't hold up very well in refrigerator salads. Spray cans of whipped cream also do not work well for these recipes. Your best bet is to use Cool Whip or another brand of frozen whipped topping to make these dishes.
Strawberry Pretzel Pie
(If you've never tried this before, you probably think it sounds really strange. I was hesitant to try this recipe because it really didn't seem like an appealing combination. I was pleasantly surprised, and if you like sweet and salty combinations, you probably will be too!)
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (salted)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar or Splenda
- 2 packages strawberry gelatin (6 ounces each)
- 4 cups water
- 32 ounces fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (reduced fat is fine, but do not use fat free)
- 1 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1 12-ounce tub of Cool Whip
1. Combine the first three ingredients. Press into the bottom of a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
2. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and thoroughly dissolve both packages of strawberry gelatin. Add in the strawberries. Place gelatin mixture and crust in refrigerator while doing the next step.
3. Use your electric mixer to cream together the cream cheese and sugar or Splenda. When thoroughly blended, stir in the cool whip by hand.
4. Spread the cream cheese and cool whip mixture over the pretzel crust. Pour the slightly chilled gelatin mixture over the top of the filling. Cover and allow to chill overnight.
Please note: This dish can be served as a salad or as a dessert.
Strawberry Pineapple Fluff
- 1 12-ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 1 15-ounce container cottage cheese (regular or reduced fat)
- 1 6-ounce package strawberry gelatin
- 1 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple
Drain the crushed pineapple. Mix together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Garnish with additional strawberries and/or chunks of pineapple if desired.
Please note: This dish can be served as a salad or as a dessert. It is also a great breakfast treat.
If you want to add a little extra strawberry flavor to these recipes, try using Cool Whip Specialty Flavors strawberry variety whipped topping instead of regular whipped topping. Another alternative for deepening the strawberry flavor of these dishes, or any similar dishes, is to add in a few drops of strawberry extract.
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...
No comments yet.