Surprising Health Effects of Green Tea
Green Tea has gained a lot of notoriety in the last 5 years or so. Eventhough in China they have used green tea as medicine for a very long time, the United States is just learning all of the good things that green tea can do for our bodies. Studies are still ongoing, but early studies in animals and humans alike show many surprising effects that green tea has to offer.
Whether you drink it cold or hot really makes no difference, but if you brew it yourself and make iced tea with it, it is better than the store bought green tea in the bottles. It's really amazing to think something as simple as green tea can include so many perks to our health! The one and only negative effect found in green tea thus far is insomnia in some people who are sensitive to caffeine. But it still has far less than your average cup of coffee. And drinking green tea for medical reasons is much safer than many prescription drugs, because it comes without the side effects most prescription drugs carry with them.
So how much green tea should you drink? Well,that is a topic that is still up for discussion. Depending on who you ask and what your intended use is, it could mean drinking up to ten cups per day! The best option would be to look up this information as compared to what you are hoping to achieve with the green tea. Any amount of green tea is better than none, and as researchers have found out, it doesn't always require using a bunch of pills to have good effects on our mind and body.
What green tea can do for you
- Helps prevent cancer- Studies have shown that green tea has the ability to help prevent and possibly even help fight certain cancers, including skin cancer, lung cancer, and esophageal cancer.
- Radiation recovery- Green tea also can help break down cancers resistance and aid in radiation therapy
- Metabolism- Drinking green tea before or during your workout can help boost your metabolism, therefore helping burn more calories!
- Diabetes- Early studies have shown that green tea can help diabetics by regulating glucose levels and slowing rising blood sugar after a meal,which will prevent insulin spikes.
- Cholesterol- Reduces "bad" cholesterol levels. Exactly how much is unknown for sure, and needs more research. However, it has made a notable difference in studies done thus far.
- Tooth decay - Green tea has something called "Catechin" that can help to slow down and possibly prevent tooth decay.
- Blood pressure- Green tea helps to regulate and prevent the occurrence of high blood pressure.
- Alzheimer's- Helps to protect brain cells, and also helps to repair brain cells that have already sustained some damage.
- Anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties- helpful in combating the flu, along with many other viruses and diseases. It can also help soothe sore throats when gargled.
- Skin care- Green tea helps prolong the cosmetic effects of aging, including wrinkles. It also acts as a low SPF sunblock!
- Abnormal pap smear- Helps to repair mild abnormal cells found during routine pap smears, and may help prevent cervical cancer.
- Depression- Helps create a feeling of calm and peacefulness, thus preventing sadness and depression in most green tea drinkers.
- Heart disease- Helps to keep the blood vessels relaxed and provides protection from clotting.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- Early studies suggest that green tea helps reduce inflammation and joint damage.
- Autoimmune disease- Studies suggest that green tea may help control proper function of the immune system
- The eyes- Studies show that green tea helps prevent glaucoma. The effects of the tea on your eyes lasts up to 20 hours, so drink it daily for healthy eyes!
- IQ- Green tea is also shown to give you a memory boost, and help with learning!
- Your bones- Green tea is high in minerals, and helps you to build and keep strong bone density.
- Feet- Use green tea to soak tired feet at the end of a long day, and you can also prevent fungal infections!
Green tea also comes in different forms. You can choose to drink your green tea, or take it in pill or liquid form. Green tea extracts, dietary supplements, and fat metabolizers are just a few of the ways you can give your body green tea even if you don't really prefer the taste of green tea. They even make a green tea mint!!
Note the differences in color. Greener is usually better!
How to brew green tea
There are many, many different ways, and most people tend to try a few different ones and then pick a favorite that works for them. The easiest way is very simple and only requires boiling water, tea, and a cup. Just place the tea evenly in the bottom of the cup, and pour the boiling water over top. Leave it alone for about a minute or so, and then taste to see if it suits you. If not then just leave it sit a little longer until you're happy with it. This is how most people choose to make their green tea, but there are many other tried and true methods out there, so don't be afraid to try them! The following link will explain in detail the many different ways to brew your tea. http://makegreentea.com/what-is-good-green-tea/
How important is quality?
When it comes to green tea, you should absolutely pay close attention to quality. This is one product where there really can be a large difference, and nobody wants to sip on green tea that doesn't taste good. So this means you probably should not buy your green tea at the dollar store just to save a few dollars! Buy from a reputable online retailer if you really want to try the best green tea available. And remember, Japanese green tea and Chinese green tea are not the same thing! Some people insist that Japanese green tea tastes far better, but then others love the Chinese green tea. It's mostly a matter of taste preference, so don't be scared to experiment with both variations.
Try these for delicious green tea!
- Rishi Green Tea | The Benefits of the Best Green Tea | Rishi Organic Tea
Experience the benefits of the best Green Tea, Organic Green Tea from Rishi Tea. Enjoy the benefits of green tea. Rishi green tea has a delicious taste you will enjoy. Buy Rishi green tea today.
- Loose-Leaf Green Tea | Buy Delicious Green Tea Online | Teavana
More by this Author
On November 13, 1974, Butch Defeo would murder his family members in cold blood. Stories of hauntings, demonic possession, and other bizarre happenings have centered around the house ever since.
It can be round, flat, big, little, jiggly, firm, or wobbly. But no matter what it is, most of us feel that our butt could always use some improvement. And you've definitely come to the right place!
Plantar fasciitis. The name itself might sound frightening. Home remedies can help if done correctly, and this article will explain some of the more helpful home remedies out there.