Sweet Potato & Corn Chowder Recipe - Low-fat & Easy to Make
This recipe makes four servings.
Depending on the ingredients you choose to use, each serving contains approximately:
- 200 Calories
- 5 gram of Fat
- 30 grams of Carbohydrates
This is one of my favorite soups to make. Not only do I think it is tasty, but my family often requests it for dinner. I started with a very basic recipe for corn chowder. This is my final, favorite version of the recipe: Enjoy!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 3-4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. flour
- 2 cups 1% or skim milk
- Saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat, for two minutes
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour into 1/2 cup of the milk, until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and milk mixture to the vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir as you add the rest of the milk, cooking until soup boils and thickens.
Everyone Needs a Crockpot!
Find Soup Cookbooks:
More by this Author
An easy guide to cook pumpkin puree at home. Once you go fresh, you'll never go back.
Ginger is one of the foods that can give you a health punch because it is so full of healthy benefits for your body (and mind). Fresh ginger is best, so it is a good idea to keep some around (see below for storage...
A beginner's guide to knitting a scarf. This step-by-step guide teaches you how to knit a homemade scarf with directions for knit and purl stitches, two easy scarf patterns, knitting terminology glossary, and valuable...