Sweet Potato & Corn Chowder Recipe - Low-fat & Easy to Make
This recipe makes four servings.
Depending on the ingredients you choose to use, each serving contains approximately:
- 200 Calories
- 5 gram of Fat
- 30 grams of Carbohydrates
This is one of my favorite soups to make. Not only do I think it is tasty, but my family often requests it for dinner. I started with a very basic recipe for corn chowder. This is my final, favorite version of the recipe: Enjoy!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 3-4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. flour
- 2 cups 1% or skim milk
- Saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat, for two minutes
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour into 1/2 cup of the milk, until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and milk mixture to the vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir as you add the rest of the milk, cooking until soup boils and thickens.
Everyone Needs a Crockpot!
Find Soup Cookbooks:
More by this Author
An easy guide to cook pumpkin puree at home. Once you go fresh, you'll never go back.
Bananas are one of my favorite foods because they have so many health benefits. Not only do they give you an energy kick, but they also help settle upset stomachs. In fact, if you want to learn more about the wonderful...
A chapbook is a hand-stitched pamphlet. In the colonial United States, street peddlers called chapmen sold chapbooks, which contained religious messages, political opinions, poetry, and popular pieces of literature....