2 Onion Recipes in 15 Minutes
Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.— Carl Sandburg
Do you prefer...See results without voting
2 Easy To Cook Onion Recipes
Tips to take note:
- Raw onion has lots of allicin which releases the pungent smell and spicy taste. Therefore, patients who have heat lungs, stomach, tuberculosis, stomach ulcer or duodenum ulcer should not eat to often.
- Consume moderately.
- In order to reduce the onion pungent taste and smell, you can add vinegar and sugar to your dishes.
- To remove the bad breath, rinse your mouth with lemon juice mix with water.
Introduction to Stir fry Onions with Beef and Spring Onions
Do you like onions?
I love them in stir fry red onions with tender beef and lots of freshly chopped spring onions.
You don't have to buy spring onions at the market. Just place the red big onions on your kitchen window still and allow it to grow tiny shoots for several days.
Then, dig up the soil and plant it but don't cover up the whole bulb.
Leave a little space for the top onion and shoots visible on the surface of the soil. Water it daily and you will find facinating little green shoots to grow into a dozen of tall spring onions in a week!
The first recipe is a simple stir fry onion recipe that quickly cooks up a delicious main dish for meat consumers. A great combination with fresh beef fillets, slices of red onions, ginger, garlic, spring onions and you could opt for freshly chopped red chillies to add in a little spiciness to this onion dish.
Just make sure that the beef are cut into smaller pieces in order for the meat to cook quickly.
I always marinate the beef with black soy sauce at least 30 minutes before cooking time in order to allow the seasonings to absorb into the meat
Fresh Red Onion
Do you like Beef with Onions? Please give me stars
#1- Stir fry Onions with Beef and Spring Onions
- 300g beef fillet, washed and sliced thick strips
- 1 bulb big onion, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks spring onions / leeks, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 2 cloves shallots, sliced
Marinade Sauces to Prepare:
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp oil
- Wash the beef fillet. Cut into thick strips.
- Add marinade and leave it for half an hour.
- Peel and rinse onion. Cut into thin strips
- Heat 3tbsp oil. Stir fry beef until cooked. Set aside.
- Stir fry shallots and onion until slightly browned.
- Put back the beef into the wok.
- Add in spring onion and seasoning.
- Stir for a couple of seconds. Serve hot.
************* ********************* ************************* *********************
#2 -Onions and Hotdogs with Scrambled Eggs
Introduction to Onions and Hotdogs with Scrambled Eggs
I love scramble eggs but having it often can be a boring recipe.
How about mixing with different ingredients for a change?
Hence, I picked out some left-over hotdogs from yesterday's supper in the fridge. This is a brilliant idea, strips of hotdogs, chopped spring onions and slices of red onions mixed together with 2 beaten eggs.
A well balance healthy ingredients pairing with left-over hotdogs, stir fried until crispy and brownish.
This is a very simple egg recipe you should try out for side dish or supper. Just slice hotdogs into strips, cut into several sections. Chop a handful of fresh spring onions plus chop red onions. Throw in everything into 2 beaten eggs in a bowl.
Sprinkle a little salt and pepper if you desire.
Onions and Hotdogs with Scrambled Eggs is really a good combination with white rice or porridge. Sometimes, I even had it plainly for midnight snack.
Prepare time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
Yield: 2-3 persons
#2- Onions and Hotdogs with Scrambled Eggs
- 2 hotdogs or ham (cut into strips and sectioned)
- 1 stalk spring onions (chopped)
- 2 Grade A eggs (beaten )
- 1/2 red onion ( chopped )
- 1 clove garlic chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Fry 1 slice of hotdog and remove.
- Beat 2 eggs into a bowl. Sprinkle in pepper and salt.
- Stir in sausages, chopped spring onion and chopped onions into the eggs mixture. Mix well.
- Heat a frying pan. Add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Beat the ingredients well before pouring in the eggs mixture into the frying pan.
- Swirl the pan in order to spread out eggs.
- Fry until crispy. Flip over the fried eggs.
- Once the edges turn crisp and brown, turn off heat.
- Remove and soak up excess oil.
Chopped onions and garlic
Do you prefer to have your onions in....See results without voting
Onion and carrots
Shallots and garlic
Nutritional Value of Onions
- Onion contains protein, vegetable fibers, calcium phosphorus, iron, vitamin A, B1, B2 and C which is higher than spring onion.
- The bulb of an onion is made up of several layers of scales. These scales are usually white in color. The main shiny coat of the layers are either in pinkish red or purple color , depending on the country origin of the onions.
- Raw onions contains extremely high in allicin, a sulphuric property that relieves a pungent smell that could put off anyone and produces watery eyes when you chopped them up.
- Onions also produces strong oral odor and smelly farts released as the onion helps our stomach digestion quickly.
- There is considerable variation in composition between different varieties and they also vary with the stage of maturity and the length of storage.
- Onion is a powerful anti-septic that is rich in vitamins A, B and C. It is a potent source of folate, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, chromium, iron and dietary fiber.
Nutrition Value of an onion
Saturated Fat: 0
Dietry fiber: 1.9mg
Sodium : 4mg
Polyunsaturated fat: 0
Sugar 4.7 mg
Potasium : 161 mg
Monounsaturated fat: 0
Protein: 1.2 mg
Carbohydrate : 10mg
Cholesterol : 0
Vitamin C: 13%
Onions per 100g
|Serving size: 1 person|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 4 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2010 peachy
More by this Author
Stir fried instant noodles, also known as Fried Maggie mee is a popular meal to prepare at home and you can order it at any Mamak restaurant. Kids and adults love this dish , better than Fried noodles
Cherry Coconut Cake is another great additions to my cake recipes. Desiccated coconut makes the cake heavier, compact and full of coconut flavor while the cherries are wonderful to bite for there are crunchy to me. A...
Toddlers and kids love to imitate other kids and parents behaviors. Repeating and mimicking everything is their learning ability, curiosity to learn evrything they want to know