Recipes for your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker - Vegetarian Spanish Style Rice
I have created many of my own healthier versions of Latin food. This vegetarian rice is my version of Spanish fried rice. I have chosen not to fry the rice to maintain the low fat amount. Second I replaced white rice with an Indian Basmati long-grain rice. This has slightly higher protein than tradition Jasmine short-grain rice.
I prefer to use only organic ingredients in my recipes. If anyone has any questions regarding this recipe please leave a comment below or send me a message.
Rate My Organic Recipes
Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup Organic Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Organic Strained Tomatoes
- 2 tbs. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbs. Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Organic Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Cumin
- 3 Organic Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Organic Large Red Onion
- 1 Organic Large Hatch Pepper
- Combine spices, vegetable stock, strained tomatoes, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Add rice to electric pressure cooker or stove top pan.
- Add liquid mixture.
- Use a garlic press or finely chop garlic. Add to rice.
- Dice red onion. Slice hatch pepper in half. Remove seeds and slice peppers about a 1/4 inch thick. Add to rice.
- Stir all ingredients so they are blended together well. In an electric pressure cooker this rice takes a manual cook time of 9 minutes. On the stove top you would bring the rice to a boil on high heat then reduce to low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
More by this Author
Beautiful bead weaving patterns with simple heart designs. These patterns are used for seed bead square stitch or bead looms.
This simple and easy shredded beef recipe is perfect for tacos, tostadas or enchiladas.
No comments yet.