Worlds Best Chicken Chili Recipe
Worlds Best Chicken Chili Recipe
I have had a lot of people over the years ask me for a chili that uses chicken and white beans so here it is. You really should use white northern beans in your chili. You can use canned white northern beans or you can cook your white northern beans from dry beans and make some of the best chili you will ever eat.
In this chili recipe I use both ground chicken and chopped up chicken thighs. I do remove the bones and the skin from the chicken thighs. Once you have removed the skin and bones from your chicken thighs cut them up in bite size pieces.
For Your Worlds Best Chicken Chili Recipe You Will Need.
1. Four 15 - 18 Ounce Cans White Northern Beans.
2. Two Pound Of Chicken Thighs With The Skin And Bones Removed. , cut into bite size pieces.
3. Two Purple Sweet Onions diced into small pieces.Make sure that you cut your onion up into very small pieces.
4. Two Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic.
5. Two Pound Of Ground Chicken.I would try to get ground chicken breast for your ground chicken if possible.
6. Two 14 1/2 Ounce Cans Diced Tomatoes.
7. One Fourth Cup Taco Seasoning.
8. Two Tablespoons Chili Powder.The Mexican Chili Powder works great but you can really use almost any brand of chili powder as long as it is fresh.
9. One 15 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce.
10. Six Cups Chicken Broth.Use regular chicken broth for your recipe not the low fat stuff. You want the rich bold flavor of the chicken broth in your chicken chili.
11. Salt and Pepper to taste.
12. One Six Ounce Can Tomato Paste.
You want to start out by frying your onion and garlic in a little vegetable oil until your onion is done and slightly brown. Once you reach that stage add in your chicken thigh meat and ground chicken and the taco seasoning and cook until the chicken is done over low heat. You will want to stir often so your chicken does not burn.And you will probably need to take a large cooks spoon and break up the ground chicken as it cooks.
Once your chicken is done add it and all the contents of the pan to a large stock pot and add in all the rest of your ingredients. Reduce your heat to a low medium and continue to cook stirring often for about two hours. By this time your chicken chili should be well blended and I guarantee you that it will be oh so delicious.
You can serve your chicken chili with regular or Mexican Cornbread. For the best flavor combination's I would go with the Mexican Corn Bread and garnish your bowls of chicken chili with fresh chopped cilantro , sour cream , and guacamole.
I think you will find that this is really one of the best chicken chili's that you will ever taste and enjoy. You will really need to add your salt and pepper to taste. I also like to serve a bowl of fresh chopped jalapenos and a bowl of fresh diced onions on the side so people can add the jalapenos or onions to their own chicken chili in their bowls.
If you make the chicken chili please post a comment or question below and thanks for taking the time to read my Hub Page on the Worlds Best Chicken Chili Recipe.
Thanks for taking the time to read my Hub Page on the Worlds Best Chicken Chili Recipe. If you have comments or questions please post them now. 8 comments
In Case You Wonder What Crazyhorsesghost looks like.
More by this Author
The best homemade chicken pot pie you will ever eat. I have prepared and cooked this chicken pot pie in restaurants all over the South and over the years people have begged me for the recipe.
Here you'll find the best recipes for fried chicken that you'll ever taste. Plus you'll also find great recipes for cole slaw, mashed potatoes, green beans, and strawberry stack cake. Plus you'll find all kinds of...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.