Best Strawberry Pie Recipe
Strawberry Pie Recipe
With this recipe, you'll make two absolutely gorgeous strawberry pies. They make a lovely dessert this time of year, as strawberries are in season and should be easy to find in stores. Because they're so quick and easy to make, they're perfect for anyone who needs to whip up something sweet and tasty in a hurry. Half the ingredients if you just need one pie.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 9 inch pies
2 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups water
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1 3ounce pack strawberry gelatine mix
2 quarts strawberries (hulled)
2 9inch pie shells
1. Combine the sugar, water and cornstarch in a saucepan and cook them over a medium-high heat stirring continuously until the blend boils and thickens.
2. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir the gelatine into the mixture, then allow the pan's contents to cool slightly.
3. Place the hulled strawberries into the pie crust with their tips pointing upwards and cover them with the gelatine mixture.
4. Place the top of the pie shell over the berries and serve heated or at room temperature with a side of cream or ice-cream.
Notes & Tips
-The pie should be kept for a maximum of 3 days at room temperature. Cover it loosely with a kitchen towel and leave it on your counter or cupboard.
-Use a sugar-free gelatine mixture if you're trying to cut down on your calorie intake. The preparation method is exactly the same as the one outlined in the instructions above.
-Feel free to make your own pie crustt to use in this recipe instead of the pre-baked store-bought variety.
-Coat the pie crust in a very thin layer of cream cheese if you wish. It stops the gelatine from causing it to become soggy, and gives it a pleasant flavour, too.
-Slice the strawberries if you prefer smaller chunks in your pies.
- If you like your pies full to bursting with fruit, try using 2 quarts of strawberries per pie. (In this case, you'll need to buy 4 quarts.)
-If you only want to make a single pie, simply half the ingredients listed above. There is no need to make any changes to the preparation method.
-To add a little extra flavour, you may want to add a pinch of salt and a dash of lemon juice to the blend in step 1.
More by this Author
I've put together a simple guide to the city of Dublin and the top ten attractions there.
In this hub I talk about Stockholm Syndrome: What it is, it's roots in human evolution, where the term originated, and victims of the psychological phenomenon.
Here is a guide to native Irish fairies. In this article, you'll learn about them all, from grogoches to changelings, and from merrows to leprechauns, of course.