Budget-Friendly Blackberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Blackberries Turn The Cookies Purple!
Being lovers of everyday chocolate chip cookies, we decided to share this spin on the traditional. Using a simple and affordable dollar store cookie mix, and our recent harvest of wild blackberries, we came up with some of the best, and even healthier, chocolate chip cookies you may ever taste!
And yes, adding the blackberries to the mix will turn your cookies purple!
TOTAL COST $4.00 (add the price of your blackberries if they are store-bought)
For The Love Of All That's Chocolate Chip!
- 1 Package Snack Size Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, Prepared As Directed
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Fresh Blackberries, Crushed (see below)
- 1 tsp. Water
- 2 tbsp. Self Rising Flour
- 1/8 stick Margarine or Butter, Softened (see below)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat your oven at 425 degrees. For dark or non-stick pans, you may want to set the oven at 375 degrees.
- First, prepare the cookie mix as directed.
- Prepare the blackberries by crushing them. To do this, I used two large spoons, putting 3-4 berries on one spoon and pressing the other spoon on top of them, squishing them, while I held them over the mix, allowing the juice and berry mash to fall into the mix. Do this with about a half cup to a full cup of berries.
- For the butter to soften, you can place it in a microwave-safe cup and set it on 10 to 12 seconds at high heat.
- Once the berries are in, and you have the butter softened, add the butter, the water, the flour, and the sugar.
- Stir until well blended. You should notice your mix has aquired a purple color!
- On an ungreased cookiesheet, drop teaspoon-sized (about 1 inch diameter) portions about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart onto the pan.
- Bake for about 9 to 11 minutes until cookies appear lightly browned and dry (if still a little too moist then you can put them in for another few minutes). Let a batch cool for about a minute or two before you remove them from the pan. Let cool after removing them from the pan, too. Makes about 36 cookies.
More by this Author
Rules to the card game 31, along with tips and play strategies, and a place you can ask questions about the rules.
MTG - Magic The Gathering Deck Building is here to both introduce newcomers to MTG as well as help any players construct a new deck of their own or seek information on rules or tips on playing.