jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Oysters on saturday!

1. hinckles koma profile image80
    hinckles komaposted 7 years ago

I love oysters and would love to find out: Top 10 places to eat oysters in America!!  Where do you go for oysters or oyster shots?

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Shall we speak of cabbages and Kings? I go to the briny beach with the carpenter.

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, literacy will get you nowhere with this bunch, Mr.

[But that was the best response I've read in a LONG time....]

I think the last oyster I ate was in Lincoln City, OR this past July. Before that, can't quite remembe when...

'Sides I know fer a gospel that ya'all jist twisted up the letters in yer name, and I KNOW, (yes, I know) yer the culprit what 'et them little oysters lyin' in their bed.

3. JulietduPreez profile image89
    JulietduPreezposted 7 years ago

Sorry, I'm in South Africa...and I don't eat oysters wink

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Well, the things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first. I was prepared and first. LOL

And that's just how the story goes.....kinda.
      smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Indian Pass Raw Bar, Indian Pass. Florida.  The saltiest, best oysters on the gulf.  Of course you have to have saltines, hot sauce, and plenty of beer.  They have their own private oyster beds.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I'm going to have to make it there one day. Thanks.

6. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago

It is getting harder to find oysters which are safe to eat these days.  Apalachicola oysters are among the best in the whole of Florida.  Having an oyster roast is another reason to build a cooking fire here in the south.  There are lots of other reasons though!

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Sounds like a great time too. We are talking of doing a clam bake here, may have to include some oysters too.

working