How to Prepare and make an Irish Car Bomb - With Jameson Bailey's and Guinness
This hub will talk about the preparation, the recipe, and how to conquer the Irish Car Bomb.
The Irish Car Bomb is a drink that is very popular among the younger generation, but also is popular among the older generation in the bar scene. Your overall goal is that you are going to take a shot, put it into a beer, and drink the entire thing before anything starts to curdle, and accomplish the task of doing an Irish Car Bomb.This drink is similar to a car bomb, but the Irish part comes from the topping of Jameson that you add on top of the Bailey's Irish Cream.
Remember that when you are going to order an Irish Car Bomb, or have the intentions of making one at home, that you save the shot until you are absolutely ready to drink, because after you drop the shot in you must chug the entire drink. By doing so you should be able to finish the drink before the cream curdles in the beer. I know, that sounds gross, but being one of the most popular bar shots/ party shots out there, this drink is not as bad as it seems.
I also suggest not doing many of these to start the night, because with the beer, and the shot, you will feel the effect of an Irish Car Bomb after you do the first one. Also you should remember that you are chugging this drink so do not order/make this drink if you are taking it easy, OR you are not used to drinking a beer/shot quickly. I have also seen this turn the lighter stomachs inside out being a bartender, and have seen people not be able to finish, or have to take a trip to the bath room, so with that being said, make sure you can handle this drink prior to ordering one. With all that being said lets get on to this recipe.
- 6+ ounces Guinness Draught Beer
- 4/5 shot Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/5 shot Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Okay, so the first step as always, is choosing your glasses needed for this recipe. First you will need a shot glass. I use clear for the purpose of being able to take picture, but any shot glass is perfectly acceptable. The other glass you will need is a pint beer glass. Any glass that holds at least 12 ounces should do, but a standard pint beer glass is perfect.
- Now you must prepare the shot. Being that this is an Irish Car bomb, not just a car bomb, you will start with Bailey's Irish Cream. You can use other Irish Cream, but Bailey's is both affordable, and standard at any bar. You should fill the shot glass with 4/5 Bailey's Irish cream. Now top the rest of the shot glass with Jameson Irish Whiskey. I have never heard of people using any other types of whiskey, but being an Irish Car Bomb you should use Jameson as this is the most "traditional" Irish Whiskey that is out there, plus their commercials are great too.
- So now that you shot is prepared lets move onto the beer glass. The amount of beer you put into the glass can vary. For my guide here I put about 8 ounces of Guinness Draught beer into the cup. You can put more, or a little less, but I usually say no less than 6 ounces, and no more than 3/4 of a pint glass. One thing to remember is that you must chug the entire beer, plus the shot so you do not want to overkill the whole experience by over filling the cup with beer. If you order this at a bar, you can always have a few sips of the beer before dropping the shot in if the bartender has over filled your cup.
- Now before you go any further, you should have both your shot glass, and the beer in the pint glass. Keep in mind that you should use Guinness Draught beer, and not standard Guinness beer. There is a slight difference, and the Draught gives a more traditional Irish Car Bomb. Also keep in mind that you should not drop the shot in until you are 100% ready to chug the drink. The Bailey's will curdle with the beer, and once this happens chances are you will not be able to stomach the texture of your drink, so be ready to chug when getting ready to drop the shot in.
- Now with that being said, you can drop your shot in, and drink. Make sure you drink the entire cup as quickly as possible. This is a very popular, and fun drink to have, but only if you do the drink right so you don't get sick.
- Always remember to drink responsibly, and know your limits, and have fun. Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment below with what you think of the drink, thanks for reading.
More by this Author
This Hub/Guide will teach you the basics on how to create and make a Baby Guinness shot you have at the bar, or restaurant.
This hub will teach you how to make a Malibu Bay Breeze with pineapple, Malibu rum, and cranberry juice.
In this guide I will talk to you guys about ways to create the best My Player possible.