Please Help Me- Why is this hub not doing well?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)
  1. LisaMarie724 profile image67
    LisaMarie724posted 11 years ago

I spent a ton of time researching this hub and I'm very proud of it.  I constantly use it myself as a reference, instead of searching online, so I know it's very useful.  But, it doesn't get any traffic.  Would anyone be willing to check it out and please give me suggestions on what I could do to help it get more pv.  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you.  Here is the link : http://lisamarie724.hubpages.com/hub/Ma … our-Poetry

1. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, you're writing about magazines and sites that pay for poetry, but the term magazine only appears once in your entire hub (on the title) and the phrase "pay for poetry" occurs just once - again in the title.

As per the google adword tool, there are just around 36 people who search for the term magazines that pay for poetry and you rank #40 on google.com which implies you would be getting 0 traffic from there unless there are other terms that are doing well (but from what you say, that's not the case).

So, a bit of research and adding the keywords in your hub may help. But, don't just place them anywhere. Make sure it's relevant and flows well.

LisaMarie724posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I'm not sure where to put the keywords because it's more of a list than anything else but I will try to re-do some things so I can.  I really appreciate your help.  Thank you.

2. LisaMarie724 profile image67

How do you tell how you rank on Google?  Sorry about all the questions smile

Haha! I just googled the term and checked one page to the next until I found your page. You can use cuterank if you want (I used it when I first joined HP for my domain name).

I'll send you a message some time later this week with a link to a blog post that I'm going to write. It would help you out.

Oh my sorry you had to do that lol.  I would appreciate any posts or articles that would help me out, feel free to send them all to me.  I've been on hubpages for a while but I haven't really done too much on here except for the last 6 months or so.  So, I'm kinda behind and will welcome any help!  Thank you!

3. LisaMarie724 profile image67

I ended up changing the tittle and changing up the key words.  Hope it helps, thanks again!

2. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'll have to try this promotional technique again. wink

This is not a promotional technique.  I'm asking for help because I spent a ton of time on this hub and I really thought it would do well, and I'm very disappointed that it is doing so poorly.  I have many hubs that do very well, so ones that don't I try to get help with, that's being pro-active.  The nice thing about being on Hubpages is that we are a community and there are people that are kind on here and who will help one another out.  Forgive me if I took your comment wrong, but It sounds like you are saying that I'm asking for help just to get someone to read it here on Hubpages.  That's not the case.  I'm interested in getting help on my hub so that I can sit back and let the page views roll in on their own from Google.  But, if you must comment please at least give me some suggestions to help me out.  Thank you.

2. NotPC profile image57
    NotPCposted 11 years ago

Lisa, what Google services are you currently utilizing?

The only Google service I use is Google +.  I find Google analytics and all that confusing.  But, it may be time I learned some new tricks.

Google Analytics is very helpful. I would suggest you begin using it and google webmaster tools too if you're not already using it.

I guess it's about time that I do.  I'm sure there's some great information on it here in Hubpages.  If I need help I'll just call on my Hubpages angels lol!  But, really thank you to everyone who is trying to help, that's what makes Hubpages so great.

1. NotPC profile image57
            NotPCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Many high profile hubbers have started this Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 1295766925

I recommend you join and you can get completely set up with everything Google!

Thanks, I'm going to check that out immediately!

I just joined smile Forgot about it earlier.

2. lobobrandon profile image89

You're welcome. If not HP, there are plenty of articles and videos that you'd find to help you out. But, just sign up and you'd figure things out on your own.

Thanks again, you've been a lot of help smile

3. Bahja profile image60
    Bahjaposted 11 years ago

we all proud of it it helps us to share and publish our ideas to get more help from people and people to help us

4. Bahja profile image60
    Bahjaposted 11 years ago

we all proud of it it helps us to share and publish our ideas to get more help from people and people to help us

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)