Too Many Differences Among Americans !

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

Having been around for awhile , I have come to realize that  many problems of our  culture , society and  our politic spectrum  ,  quite likely , will  Never be solved !   And  more than likely simply  because there are not only just Too many of us  but because by nature  , we are ALL  just too differing in our personal opinions .

Is it simply  time to  face it ----Americans  by nature  may never really agree on anything !   That  alone seems  to the largest part  of  our  historical and  genetic make up ,  perhaps  a leftover trait of our political  beginnings .  I can see a future of  divisiveness that never allows us , quite shamefully ,  to ever cure the  real and important ills of our many cultures ,our society ,  our  country !

I have a theory ;  Throw five Americans into the same room and ask them what color the walls are and receive five answers ?      Your opinions  ?
    http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12571330.jpg

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that problem is restricted to the USA.
      In fact I don't even see that as a problem.
      Would you really fancy x million people all dressed identically? After all, that is a logical extension of like-mindedness.

2. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12571420.jpg

I agree, and disagreeing is not always bad! Yes, in some ways, such as determining the direction of a country, it can be bad. Most of the time our disagreeing is good. We get to be different, and hopefully learn just a little along the way about the people who disagree with us!

3. profile image0

I'm thinking that that's my point exactly John, Peeples,   On the important political problems of the day, are we just too far apart ?

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, our differences give us a little balance.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'd sooner think our differences , instead of giving balance , may be simply  isolating any  real progress ? I'm just Not sure .

2. peeples profile image93
      peeplesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That depends on what we consider important or political. Personally I think many social things should not be political things. That would solve a bunch of issues. If we take things like marriage out of politics maybe we could focus on real things like reducing both corporate and social welfare, lowering the country's debt, or protecting our citizens without infringing on our rights. With that said, yes we are too far apart. Everyone's priorities are in a different spot, with the majority of the country only thinking about what the mass media tells them to think about. It's kind of sad. We're all too far apart, but the majority don't even really know what they are suppose to be fighting for anymore, they only know what they've been told to fight for. Then again, this is coming from my independent slightly conspiracy theorist view. smile

4. profile image0

Hi Peeples , How about congressional  and senatorial gridlock ,   Inaction on  the most important issues ,  even issues that are important to ALL parties , and  just plain  political productivity, they aren't overly good at  accomplishing anything  ?

1. peeples profile image93

The problem is everyone thinks those things are happening because of the opposite party. Everyone is busy blaming the other. That is WHY we are so far apart, everyone is pointing fingers at everyone but themselves.

1. profile image0

Can we put most of the blame then on media ?

1. peeples profile image93

Personally this may sound mean, but yes, because the masses seem to be idiots incapable of thinking for themselves. They seem to only do what the generations before them have taught them or what the media tells them their party should be doing. Again I know that probably sounds a bit arrogant, but I believe it is true.

1. profile image0

Good point !

5. profile image0

Your views are actually right on Peeples !

6. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 8 years ago

Of course, we could all just be robots. That would solve the problem of "differences".

1. profile image0

I suppose so ,  and maybe John Holden is right , "they give us balance "  it just seems to me at times that we will never cure the most  serious issues of our time !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)