This is the week the Saints are gonna get upset

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (35 posts)
  1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

I'm taking Tampa Bay straight up to win on the field. The Saints have been showing up late for the past four weeks and they have the big game against the Patriots next week. I think they are gonna take their eye off the prize and the Bucs are gonna pull off the shocker.

1. R.Edwards profile image61
      R.Edwardsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't say I TOTALLY disagree with you, especially since Josh Freeman is playing pretty well, but I'm not buying.

I could definately see them faltering in the first half and having to climb back to take the game. In that sense, I do see them losing to the Pats in the next week...

On another note, Brees has let me down tremendously in my fantasy league over the past few weeks, I'm thinking of trading him for some good RB's...hmmmm.

2. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im with you Eye. Saints were sloppy last week against the Rams and I am hoping that Josh sticks it to them but good!

EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Freeman had a bad first half last week, but overall he has played pretty well for a new guy. I think the Bucs are playing just good enough that they could take advantage of the Saints being overconfident and looking past them.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49

Cause Josh is still a baby boy .. and better he have a slow start .. getting his groove with the rest of the Bucs....unlike Sanchez who came out winning and now cant find his place or his team.

3. R.Edwards profile image61

*clears throat*, ahem!

yea, so I understood where you were coming from and even thought it could be pulled off after TB drew even with the Saints at 7 when Josh Freeman threw for their first TD.

Only problem was, it was their ONLY TD. lol.

That's the risk you take picking a big upset. I coulda waited another week and picked the Patsies to beat the Saints. But playing it safe is boring and I'm not even so sure that is an upset at this point. Sometimes you just gotta take the hard road and stir things up a little.

They hung in there for most of the first half before they fell apart. Once the Saints went up by ten, I knew it was too much pressure on Freeman.

2. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Saints will kill all of the pirates in 1st half because unlike last few weeks were Brees is still sleeping in the first half this week will be different.

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73

I think they are going to sleep right into the third quarter and it's gonna be a bit too late by the time they finally drag themselves out of bed this time.

4. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 14 years ago

I think the bucs will win a close game. After getting no calls against the dolphins last week and having a call be blown badly thry'll be ready to play! We always play the teams in our divison hard, so hopefully our secondary does well and freeman is on point against a top 5 deffence!!!

5. acanderson24 profile image68
    acanderson24posted 14 years ago

The Saints have a lot of injuries on defense. The Bucsare playing like they have been given a second chance at life. Unfortunately, the Saints offense will find it's stride again and if they do this week, the Bucs will need to put up at least 40 or more points to win. I think I will have to go with the Saints on this one.....(as much as I would like to see the Bucs win)

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Saints and Colts both go to 10-0 this week.

7. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

I have to go with the Saints this week.

8. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

I will take the Saints double digit this week. The team that is prime for an upset is Indy. I like the Colts, but...Baltimore is desperate for a win now if they want to make playoffs. Teams have been able to run some on the Colts and Baltimore has an awesome power running game.
    Ray Lewis and the defense I believe will come to play this week. I am making Baltimore over Indianapolis my upset pick.
    Balt.-30
    Indy.-27

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know Terrel Suggs and Todd heap are out right?

1. Michael Willis profile image68
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know about Heap, but I didn't about Suggs.
        I want Indianapolis to win. This is going to be a tough game. I just see this one as the game where Indy may slip up. I hope I miss this upset pick. Hey, look at my upset picks lately, lol haven't been that great.

Suggs got his knee messed up by a block from Brady Quinn Monday.  He's out for a few weeks.

That will hurt Baltimore. If Indy can win this week against Balt. and at houston next week...they could easily go undefeated. Their remaining schedule gets a lot easier.

The scary game is the Titans.  They are starting to look like the Titans.

I know what you mean. The defense is playing better and the running game is strong. Vince Young could be the difference.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image60

I just read that Drew Brees's Mother's death was ruled a suicide.  Could be a distraction, although they didn't seem to have much of a relationship.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49

death was 3 months ago and they were quite the estranged mother son pair

It shouldn't affect much.

10. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

The Saints still have New England, Atlanta, Dallas and I think one more game at Carolina left. Will be hard for them to go undefeated in regular season.

11. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73

I could see the potential for a trap game, but Indy has been a machine all season. The Saints should have blown every one of those last four teams off the field by halftime, except maybe Atlanta. They're believin' the hype.

12. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73

Now lets talk about you guys letting the Cowboys off the hook...

yea, that was horrible. Classic Redskins football, never closing the deal. We were really controlling the rhythm of the game too!

13. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

I thought so too.  WRONG again.  This is way I'm not a gambler.

14. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I am not a good gambler either, steelers lost, that was close and then the cowboys won, hah

15. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Saints have the luxury of a weak schedule and favorable match ups at home. They have a good chance to go undefeated but I don't see them going far in the playoffs.

I see them going to the Super Bowl and possibly winning it. There's maybe one team in the NFC that could compete with them and they haven't exactly had a crushing schedule either. I'm not so sure how they might stand up against the top teams in the AFC, but we'll find out next week.

16. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

and the fun now begins

17. Ron Montgomery profile image60

It's Mercury Morris time.

He wants you to call him when you get into his neighborhood. He's gonna put a tux on and help you move your furniture.

lol, yea he'll start to comment after week 12 probably.

I'm not sold on the Saints going undefeated...I think the powerhouse in the NFC will be the Vikings once the post-season starts!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)