CyberLOVEr

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. QuirkyPearl profile image60
    QuirkyPearlposted 14 years ago

POETIC EXPRESSION - Online Cyberspace Love...

What was it that you became aware of because of it?

What did you learn? what was the reason for that connection?

What need did this person fulfill? (You get the idea?)

I'd love to hear about it...

LOVE LOST IN CYBERSPACE

He arrived in an email
    It was love at first WRITE
    We laughed we loved we cried
    In my hand I hold a love letter
    Its fragrance has almost died
    Beautiful words hand written
    with a fountain pen and blue ink
    on quality paper
    Sprinkled with rose petals
    Sent from the heart of our
    fleeting moment
    My first love letter
    My first taste of romance
    My first cyberlove
    Ethereal real
    and gone

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh not consummated?

people will confide more in internet when they cant show their emotions or faces, and you can be easily fall in love with words, plus the anticipation of opening your mails etc...

2. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Touched

Oh, to what do I deserve such expression

Of love and warmth?

These feelings from the soul

Converted to words that form fingers

Changed to electrons that form

A blizzard of ones and zeros

Carried by copper and light

To arrive by radiation

Before the eyes of another

Fingers that touch the other’s soul

And warm the blood

The heart quickens

While sender waits

With hope that love

Will be acknowledged and returned

And so it is

That these feelings

Are returned to you

May these fingers

Touch your soul

And may you feel

My warmth and love

And know that you are

My one and only love

3. QuirkyPearl profile image60
    QuirkyPearlposted 14 years ago

@ pb ;-)x

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As you can see, been there, done that, more than once! LOL!

1. QuirkyPearl profile image60
        QuirkyPearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What joy for the recipients behind the email boxes you landed in ;-)

4. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Interesting...if it's not face to face contact, one may still develop an emotional attachment to the other, very much, I would presume.  On the other hand, cyber "love"/\"lust" or whatever you wanna call it can't take the place of a real relationship, now, can it?  What if one party is totally okay with the relationship being cyber/phone and the other begins to develop a stronger sense of connection?  It would make it a lot easier for the 'okay with cyber' individual to 'disappear' or conveniently 'drop out of site' when they realize one is yearning for personal contact that cyber no longer fulfills. So what happens?  Logically, it seems that a cyber connection leaves the door more readily open for one or both individuals to be hurt or "left hanging", literally.  Just a logical impersonal observation here.

I would also think it would be easier for 2 people to reveal more this way, but leave out the really important traits.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)