Lawsuit against HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. William Curry3 profile image60
    William Curry3posted 11 years ago

HubPages has banned my earlier profile WD Curry 111. I am just seeking legal action against this cheesy website. Just to let the bootleggers know, their boar will sink soon.

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

LOL, I hope you got someone on contingency, because, well, you're going to lose, and it would be a shame to dump tens of thousands of dollars (which a lawyer can quickly add up for you) into chasing the fantasy that somehow HP owes you something. You sound like the angry drunk swearing to sue the bouncers for throwing  you out of the bar. Just go to another bar... and try not to do whatever it was that got you tossed. Or I guess find a bar that doesn't care if you act like that. Either way, a law suit is going to fail.

1. jeffreydjm profile image72
      jeffreydjmposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

3. William Curry3 profile image60
    William Curry3posted 11 years ago

I am an artist. I often can manage thousands of $$ by selling one painting. Money isn't that much of a case. I want to show how a cheesy platform like this can crumble. Florida is a state which has laws certain activities which may fine and prosecute a website like this. I have checked. The TOS is heavily flawed, and it will be a heck for the bootleggers. Big brains. Drop the fish, you can't eat that one...

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did they let you access your content? As long as you still have access to the content you published, I don't believe you can do much.

William Curry3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

They first banned my account. Then they made it appear as if I have deleted all my hubs and quit hubpages. Had they restrained themselves from doing the latter, I might have considered twice again..

1. kathleenkat profile image83
          kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Save yo' work!

That was drilled into my head from kindergarten through college. Save you work, and you wouldn't have this problem! With HubPages, you still own the rights to your work. Now, if they banned you, and kept your work, you could complain about that! That's probably why they had to delete it! Save you work!!!

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 11 years ago

Do try to keep us informed. I am very dubious about any possibility of a case going to court hmm

We see many things for the first time...

5. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

cheesed?
    http://editdesk.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/abe-chair.png

too bad can't write a hub about it.

Good time! Nice to see ya. I'll give you a chair in the room!

6. Shanna11 profile image76
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

wait, you're serious?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

You can't force  private business to associate with you.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years ago

William Curry3 is showing as banned.

3. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 11 years ago

Okay, for someone who doesn't know what the heck is going on, what happened that he's so mad about?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP invoked the no shirt, no shoes, no service rule.

1. donotfear profile image83
          donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

.....Meaning?......what?

1. relache profile image72
            relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this
            1. paradigmsearch profile image60

Hadn't noticed that one before. HP doesn't mess around... Purdy background color though. big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

I'll defer to someone who knows all the intimate details...

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"Each subsequent violation will incur longer ban durations, and eventually your Forum privileges may be permanently revoked."

I hope they got a rolling statute-of-limitations on this one....

5. Len Cannon profile image89
      Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Good luck with that. I think you really have a case. Be sure to tell the jury that you "really, really wanted to post."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)