Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Paleto Score Setup
Character: Michael, Trevor
Location: Sandy Shores
Unlocked After: Caida Libre
The trio is ever on the lookout for a big wad of money, and unfortunately, their FIB overseers aren't willing to provide. Worse, when they come calling for new jobs to be done, the FIB gleefully expects the guys to foot the bill for equipment costs themselves. What does this mean? It means knocking down a bank to get the dough, of course... though something like that needs at least a bit of planning.
- Head to the Liquor Ace store in Sandy Shores. You need to approach the couch on the second floor; go in through the back.
- Watch the cut scene.
- Hop to Michael. Get in the car and drive towards the bus stop in Paleto Bay. The conversation along the way is hilarious.
- Drive the car to the bank once Lester's in town. There's a waypoint out front. Focus on the bank.
- Drive to the waypoint at the rear.
- After the next short conversation, pull out a gun and shoot the alarm on the rear of the bank. It's a small, green box beside the grey door.
- Drive to the gas station across from the bank and watch from the waypoint. Stay in place until the cops are done. Trevor will hop out of the car and run away; switch to him.
- Race back to Liquor Ace on a dirt bike as Trevor. The route he chooses takes you through the mountains and, at first, across some rather hairy terrain. Don't sweat it too much - there are some tricky turns, but so long as you don't operate full throttle while you're in the mountains it's quite easy to stay well ahead of Michael and Lester. (You may be able to drive this race as Michael, as well. Honestly not sure. Feel free to comment.)
After you make it back you'll have to plan a heist, though this time around you only have one option as to the plan. Your only choice here is in the gunman you choose to carry it out; either Gustavo Mota or Chef are optimal. If you choose the other guys your results won't be so hot. (Though you'll make more money. Yes, I went cheap.)
Gold Medal Completion
Leisurely Drive - Drive to the bank within 3:30. This can be a bit trickier than it sounds. You have to get from Sandy Shores to Paleto Bay in a relatively short period of time, and there's a lot of ground to cover. My best suggestion is to not take too many risks and simply make the most of the straightaways between the two districts. Once you're in Paleto Bay you may also want to turn off the main road and use back roads to get to the bank, as you'll encounter less traffic.
Winner - Win the race back to the meth lab. Cut across the grassy terrain in the mountains, then drive straight and true until you get to Sandy Shores. There are plenty of spaces back in the desert where you can cut straight across the turf and save a lot of time.
More by this Author
All good stories have to start somewhere, and for Chase McCain it's in Auburn. This small section of LEGO City is deceptive, as there's a ton to find and do, much more than the time spent here would suggest. This...
Throughout LEGO City Undercover, Chase McCain will acquire a host of new outfits and powers to wrestle against the criminals of LEGO City. These are undeniably helpful - and they can be made more helpful with the aid of...
In this section of The Sims 4 walkthrough we look at space exploration, a pricey - but worthwhile - enterprise for sims who love the stars. Aliens, here we come!