Scrabble Words With Q With and Without her Best Friend U
The Mystery of the 17th Lady
If you are like most scrabble players you dread drawing the letter Q.
But just in case you are reading this and saying “Man I’m past that stage, I know when to hold and when to exchange my tiles!”, well you don’t need this article then. Or could it be that like me you are always on the lookout for new ideas in everyday places? Or write your comments in the appropriate capsule below to help us solve the ongoing mystery of the 17th lady.
You guessed it! We are talking about the 17th letter of the English alphabet, the formidable letter Q. She is powerful and puzzling. And could cost you 20 points if you fail to understand her personality, her attraction, her company, her surprisingly long word list.
You see the singular Q has a twin, or you could say four sisters called U’s that are so essential to your scrabble word list; and she tends to behave disagreeable without them around. You could get lucky and draw a blank tile. But some experts such as Joe Edley and John D Williams authors of ‘Everything Scrabble’ would advise you to hold on to your blank tile as a future building block for a bingo.
Ooops! You are a wet newbie? So sorry! A bingo is where you use all seven letters on your rack thus scoring a 50-point bonus.
We don’t know which scrabble products you might be using. Hasbro? Mattel? Or some online version like Facebook Scrabble? The layout and rules are basically the same, even for Yahoo Literati. So whether you are a raw beginner or you are now flashing scrabble bingos with hefty Triple Word Scores, you would do well to know your scrabble list of scrabble Q words particularly the Q-without-U-words.
Scrabble Words With Q Without QU
Here are the crucial tips to using the Q
1. As soon as you draw a Q you should start to check how many Us have been played and how many are divided between the bag and you opponent.
2. Do not hold on to the Q for more than two turns while waiting for blank or a U. This means that you are playing with six tiles instead of seven. The same principle applies for holding on to a U while hoping to draw the Q. You have a 50-50 chance of so doing but again why play with six tiles when you can score with seven.
3. Where the Q has not yet been played, be mindful of the words AID and AT as these can be used by your opponent to dump the Q.
4. Near the end of the game you strategy should be to ensure that you aren’t caught with an unplayed Q. Minus 10 plus 10 will give away 20 points. Wow!
5. Learn your Q without U word list if you want to be respected as a serious scrabble player.
Please let's see fair play, don’t use anagrams or Scrabble solvers while playing against an opponent. You may of course use them to improve your game when playing alone.
And as an added bonus I have pasted here a list of Scrabble Q Words from Scrabble Pages:
Starting with A
ACEQUIA ACQUEST ACQUIRE ACQUIT ACQUITS ALFAQUI ALIQUOT ANTIQUE AQUA AQUAE AQUARIA AQUAS AQUATIC AQUAVIT AQUEOUS AQUIFER AQUIVER ASQUINT
More by this Author
I play dominoes for fun and you will too once you get the knack of it. Go out and buy a pack of Double Six, or order online right here on this page, and get ready for family and friends to turn off the TV and the...
Edley and Williams suggest that there are four separate skills you will need to develop in order to become a Scrabble expert. First are the vocabulary and word-finding skills. Second are the over-the-board playing...
I love to preach on the theme of the cross of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the axis of salvation, the climax of the cosmic conflict between good and evil. So Fanny Crosby’s ‘Near the Cross’ is a favourite...