Top 10 Holiday Video Games of 2009
Current list of the top pre-ordered video games to be released for this holiday season.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Release Date 11/10/09)
On November 10, 2009, Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare® 2 will strike worldwide. The most-anticipated game of the year and the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time, Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse. The newest installment in the groundbreaking Call of Duty® series, Modern Warfare 2 features for the first time in video games, the musical soundtrack of legendary Academy Award®, Golden Globe® Award, Grammy® Award and Tony winning composer Hans Zimmer. The title picks up immediately following the historic events of Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®, the blockbuster title that earned worldwide critical acclaim, including: • 14 million copies sold worldwide • “Most Played Online Video Game” in history, 2009 Guinness World Records • More than 50 Game of the Year awards, including the Console Game of the Year and Overall Game of the Year, 2007, from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences®
- Epic Single Player Campaign
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Special Ops Co-operative
- An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
- Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including:
- Sentry Gun
- Predator Missile
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Secondary Weapons
- Equipment - Machine Pistols - Throwing Knives - Shotguns - Blast Shield - Handguns - Tactical Insertion - Launchers
- Perk Upgrades
- Riot Shields
- Bling (Dual attachments)
DJ Hero with Turn Table - with Bonus! (Release Date 10/27/09)
Start the Party with DJ Hero. It’s your turn to spin. The makers of
Guitar Hero introduce a new to experience your favorite music. With DJ
Hero you will be the life of the party as you scratch and mix more than
101 songs into 94 unique mixes. Learn basic and advanced DJ Hero
techniques, then spin your way through different setlists in beginner,
easy, medium, hard, and expert modes. Grab your friends and start your
own DJ Hero party.
Master the Turntable
* Scratch: show you skills by scratching the turntable back and forth
* Mix: crossfade between the left track and right track
* Sample: customize your mix by selecting and dropping in sound effects
* Additional Features:
* Rewind: hit enough notes in a row to earn a Rewind, allowing you to replay a section of the song and earn more points or repeat your favorite part of the song
* Effects Dial: similar to Guitar Hero’s Whammy Bar, adjust the audio effects on a track during special sections
* Euphoria Mode: similar to Guitar Hero’s Star Power, build up your Euphoria Meter and use it to double your score multiplier
* Spin Lefty: easily reconfigure the turntable for left-handed play
Party with Your Friends
* 2-DJ: battle your friends or spin cooperatively in local and online multiplayer
* DJ & Guitar: grab your Guitar Hero guitar (sold separately) and rock exclusive mixes with a DJ
* Party Mode: set the game to autoplay as the soundtrack of your party – players can jump in or out at any time
Featuring the Hottest Music: Includes the best of Hip-Hop, Pop, Dance, and Rock mixed into original tracks created by top DJs: Grandmaster Flash, DJ Shadow, DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Z Trip, DJ AM, and others
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (Release Date 10/20/09)
The best-selling fighting videogame franchise returns to the virtual ring with the most authentic, entertaining and compelling simulation of WWE programming to date. Featuring unparalleled creation tools, a robust Superstar roster, key franchise improvements and a few surprises, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 delivers the empowering freedom to create, customize and share gameplay experiences. It’s the player’s world now.
- CREATE-A-SUPERSTAR REDESIGN – The franchise’s renowned customization interface delivers a new look, improved graphical quality and a host of new parts, allowing players to create Superstars who are comparable in quality with their WWE counterparts. Take creation one step further with a new Paint Tool to detail created Superstars with original tattoos, logos and other unique designs.
- SHARE THE CREATIVITY – Share created content with the WWE Universe by uploading created Superstars, entrances, finishing moves, highlight reels, created storylines and more. Utilize the keyword search engine to view created content from around the world and download for use both offline and online.
- SUPERSTAR THREADS – For the first time in franchise history, create alternate ring gear for Superstars by customizing the colors of shirts, logos, face paint, elbow pads, boots and much more. Save the alternate looks for use throughout the game and online to show off the Superstars in grand fashion.
- WWE STORY DESIGNER – Embrace a directorial role to create and customize unique storylines. A brand new cut scene creation interface includes talent and location selections, dialogue writing, camera angles, Superstar emotions and much more. Construct each night’s show card with matches, unique match stipulations, interference events, and other story twists and turns.
- ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA – The popular story-based mode returns with key updates and new storylines, including a first-ever Divas storyline and a Create-a-Superstar storyline.
Dragon Age Origins ( Release Date 11/17/09)
From the Makers of Mass Effect, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Baldur’s Gate comes an epic tale of violence, lust, and betrayal. The survival of humanity rests in the hands of those chosen by fate. You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of an ancient order of guardians who have defended the lands throughout the centuries. Betrayed by a trusted general in a critical battle, you must hunt down the traitor and bring him to justice. As you fight your way towards the final confrontation with an evil nemesis, you will face monstrous foes and engage in epic quests to unite the disparate peoples of a world at war. A romance with a seductive shapeshifter may hold the key to victory, or she may be a dangerous diversion from the heart of your mission. To be a leader, you must make ruthless decisions and be willing to sacrifice your friends and loved ones for the greater good of mankind.
- A Stunning World to Explore: BioWare’s deepest universe to date with over 80 hours of gameplay and more than double the size and scope of Mass Effect
- Travel throughout dozens of environments and fully immerse yourself in a shattered world that is on the brink of utter annihilation
- An epic story that is completely shaped and reactive to your play style
Complex Moral Choices: There are no easy choices
- Tailor your Dragon Age: Origins experience from the very beginning by choose from six different Origin Stories
- Decide how to handle complex issues like murder, genocide, betrayal, and the possession/sacrificing of children without the security of a good/bad slider to tell you what to do
Full Character Customization: Sculpt your hero in your own image or fantasy
- Elaborate character creator allows you to create your own hero unique from anyone else
- Shape your character’s personality and morality based on the choices you make throughout the game
Engage in Bone-Crushing, Visceral Combat: Battle against massive and terrifying creatures
- Unleash legendary powers and choose from over 100 different magical spells and skills
- Experience the adrenaline rush of brutal combat, beheading your foes or casting spells that make enemies explode from within
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Release Date 11/17/09)
Developers at Nintendo have dreamed of creating a simultaneous multiplayer Super Mario Bros. game for decades. The Wii console finally makes that dream come true for everyone this holiday season. Now players can navigate the side-scrolling worlds alone as before or invite up to three others to join them at the same time on the same level at any point in the game for competitive and cooperative multiplayer fun. With the multiplayer mode, the newest installment of the most popular video game franchise is designed to bring yet another type of family entertainment into living rooms and engage groups of friends in fast-paced Super Mario Bros. fun.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
- Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies – or their fellow players.
- In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – and then tilt it incorrectly just to mess with other players.
- New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
- At the end of each stage during the simultaneous multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on their score, the coins collected and the number of enemies defeated.
Assassin’s Creed II ( Release Date 11/17/09)
Discover an intriguing & fascinating new epic story of power, revenge and conspiracy set in a pivotal moment of History: the Italian Renaissance.
- The lineage continues…introducing Ezio, the new Assassin
- Experience the freedom and immersion of an all new open world and mission structure
- Master the art of the assassin with all new weapons and instruments created by Leonardo Da Vinci himself
NBA 2K10 (Available)
NBA 2K10 is ready to tip off another Championship season. NBA 2K9, the #1 selling & #1 rated NBA videogame, set the standard for all basketball videogames, and NBA 2K10 aims to surpass that that by delivering an even better basketball experience this year with all-new gameplay components, out-of-this-world graphics, even more realistic Signature Style animations, all-new presentation elements and an unrivalled online system -- this season you won’t just play the NBA, you’ll live it. NBA 2K10 will be THE choice for any sports fan who wants to play the most fun basketball videogame on the market. From the kid on the neighborhood court to the most elite NBA athletes, everyone will be playing NBA 2K10 this season.
- The game features 1-4 player support in versus and coop play locally and 2-10 player support in versus and coop play online with up to a full five man roster on each side.
- The NBA Today feature, in which all the real world matchups, news and stats are automatically streamed right into your game providing dynamic commentary and presentation elements based upon what is happening in the real NBA.
- My Player Mode, a career mode, allowing players at home create the ultimate NBA player from the ground, up and guide his every career move.
- Crew functionality, allowing you to round up your friends and build the ultimate squad, using either your created players from My Player mode or an actual NBA team, then go online and battle other Crews for bragging rights and progression points.
- Living Rosters, which allow you to keep NBA 2K10 fresh with up-to-date team with real player information, including roster and lineup moves, trades, injuries and player ratings via interactive menus and analysis.
God of War: Collection (Release Date 11/17/09)
Two Epic Adventures of Conquest, Destiny, and Vengeance, God of War and God of War II, return for the first time on BluRay Disc! In God of War: Collection, you will experience the dark world of Ancient Greece through Kratos, a brutal warrior determined to murder the God of War and alter what no mortal has ever changed… fate itself.
- God of War I and II on one Blu-ray disc
- Remastered at a resolution of 720p
- Anti-aliased graphics for 60 frames per second gameplay
- Full PlayStation Network (PSN) Trophies Support for each Title
Guitar Hero Van Halen (Release Date 12/22/09)
Guitar Hero is back and you get to rock with the ultimate party band, Van Halen! Experience the hot licks and scissor kicks that made Van Halen the legends they are today. 25 epic Van Halen tracks, three scorching Eddie Van Halen signature solos, and 19 guest acts give fans the most comprehensive arena rock set list to date.
With over 80 million albums sold worldwide, Van Halen is one of the most influential rock bands of all time. Led by Eddie Van Halen’s revolutionary guitar playing and David Lee Roth’s unique brand of showmanship, the band has cemented their place in the Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame since they dropped their self-titled album in 1978. Van Halen is one of only five rock bands that have had two albums sell more than 10 million copies in the United States.
Best Arena Rock Set List To Date!
- Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love
- And The Cradle Will Rock
- Atomic Punk
- Beautiful Girls
- Cathedral (Solo)
- Dance The Night Away
- Eruption (Solo)
- Everybody Wants Some!!
- Feel Your Love Tonight
- Hang ‘Em High
- Hear About It Later
- Hot For Teacher
- I’m The One
- Ice Cream Man
- Jamie’s Cryin’
- Little Guitars
- Loss Of Control
- Mean Street
- Pretty Woman
- Romeo Delight
- Runnin’ With The Devil
- So This Is Love?
- Somebody Get Me A Doctor
- Spanish Fly
- You Really Got
Me Guest Acts:
- Alter Bridge – Come To Life
- Billy Idol – White Wedding
- Blink-182 – First Date
- The Clash – Safe European Home
- Deep Purple – Space Truckin’
- Foo Fighters – Best Of You
- Foreigner – Double Vision
- Fountains of Wayne – Stacy’s Mom
- Jimmy Eat World – Pain
- Judas Priest – Painkiller
- Killswitch Engage – The End Of Heartache
- Lenny Kravitz – Rock And Roll Is Dead
- Queen – I Want It All
- Queens of the Stone Age – Sick, Sick, Sick
- Tenacious D – Master Exploder
- The Offspring – Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
- Third Eye Blind – Semi-Charmed Life
- Weezer – Dope Nose
- Yellowcard – The Takedown
Left 4 Dead 2 (Release Date 11/17/2009)
This co-operative action horror FPS takes you and your friends through the cities, swamps and cemeteries of the Deep South, from Savannah to New Orleans across five expansive campaigns. You’ll play as one of four new survivors armed with a wide and devastating array of classic and upgraded weapons. In addition to firearms, you’ll also get a chance to take out some aggression on infected with a variety of carnage-creating melee weapons, from chainsaws to axes and even the deadly frying pan. You’ll be putting these weapons to the test against (or playing as in Versus) three horrific and formidable new Special Infected. You’ll also encounter five new “uncommon” common infected, including the terrifying Mudmen. Helping to take L4D’s frantic, action-packed gameplay to the next level is AI Director 2.0. This improved Director has the ability to procedurally change the weather you’ll fight through and the pathways you’ll take, in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match your performance. L4D2 promises a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience every time the game is played, custom-fitted to your style of play.
- Next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
- AI Director 2.0: Advanced technology dubbed
- The AI Director" drove L4D's unique gameplay - customizing enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players' performance. L4D 2 features "The AI Director 2.0" which expands the Director's ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
- New melee weapons - axe, chainsaw, frying pan, baseball bat - allow you to get up close with the zombies
- Four different survivors. New Story. New dialogue.
- More game. On day one, L4D 2 features more co-operative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the Versus game modes than L4D 1, plus support for
- Survival mode out of the box.
- Stats, rankings, and awards system drives collaborative play
More by this Author
Below you will find the service procedure for removal and extraction of the broken spark plugs. This process will take approximately 1 hr and 10 minutes to change all 8 plugs. I have added a link for the tool to...
Ford Fusion owners: Beware if your A/C has stopped working! Ford had a genius idea to install a sensor in the top of the evaporator case. What does this mean to the owners of the Fusion? I should start by saying there...