5 Healthy Tips For Weight Loss
You Can Be Successful With Weight Loss
Walking It Away: How I Lost 40 Pounds
You Really Can Walk Yourself Thin
Most people don't realize it but you really can walk yourself thin. You should start off really slow and be sure to wear good comfortable shoes. I also suggest to everyone that they purchase and use a pedometer so you'll know exactly how far you walked.
I like to walk at a local track that is flat and paved so it is easy to walk around. The track is lighted so its safe there to walk at night and there are almost always other people there. And walking on a track like this is low impact.
5 Healthy Tips For Weight Loss
Most of the world is fascinated and obsessed with weight loss, with some people wanting to do it for health reasons and some for cosmetic reasons. And no matter what the reason a lot of people try crash diets that never work, or never work like they are supposed to. Some people try extreme exercise that quite often results in injury or they do the exercise for a day or two and just give up. In order to stick with a weight loss program you have to enjoy what you're doing and you have to be willing to make real life style changes that will result in long term weight loss and if you do it the right way the pounds aren't going to just creep back on. Here I want to share with you five genuine weight loss tips that will really work.
Almost anyone can use these weight loss tips with out having to get rid of the foods you love or having to spend all your spare time in a gym. But you need to understand and accept that any weight loss program is going to take time to work. There really is no magic pill or magic way that you can just start doing one day and suddenly be thin. You really need to stick with any weight loss plan for at least 30 days before you will know if it works or not. And don't try to weigh yourself every day or you will get discouraged and quit. If what your doing doesn't seem to be producing any results after 30 days move on to something else. But in the meantime check out the below five tips for weight loss.
Eighteen Ways To Lose Weight With Out Going On A Diet, Click Here Now
Five Tips For Weight Loss
1. Walking. If you will set aside at least 30 minutes a day to enjoy a nice quite stroll or walk around a track you will be building your stamina, strengthening your legs, and help your heart while your burning some calories and lose weight at the same time. Walking is a great low impact exercise where your not likely to get injured and it really will help your health. Buy yourself a good pair of walking shoes and see if there is a public walking track near your home. You may not believe it but you really can walk yourself thin.
2. Bicycle Riding. Remember back when you used to ride a bicycle. Well I bet you still can. You may not be able to ride it up and down hills or for long distances but I bet you can set started riding it for a short distance every other day or so. Pick out a nice flat area when you get started and try to ride just a little further each day. Before you know it you'll be riding further and further and if your not real careful you just might get some great exercise. If you can't go bicycle riding for safety or other reasons consider buying a stationary exercise bike. They really are great exercise.
3. Walk When Ever Possible. You need to start taking the stairs instead of the elevator. If you have to go a very short distance in your vehicle walk instead of driving. When you go to a mall or store park as far from the front door as you can instead of as close as you can. If you don't take your dog for a walk on a regular basis why not start now. If you know how to swim join a local club that has a swimming pool and spend thirty minutes every three days or so swimming. Try to add more time to your swimming time until you spend one hour about every three days swimming. You'll be getting great low impact exercise that will be really good for you. If you can't swim at first just walk in the water until you get to the point to where you can start swimming.
4. Your Favorite Foods. You won't have to cut out all your favorite foods but you do need to start to eat them in moderation. If you want to lose weight and keep it off long term your going to have to change your day to day eating habits in order to lose weight and keep it off long term. You need to learn to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and why not try your vegetables steamed. Steamed vegetables can be oh so delicious especially if you will learn how to add fresh herbs and lemon to the water you are using to steam your vegetables with. I know I used to would have never even tried steamed fish but now I have it on a regular basis. And let me tell you this. The recipe I have for steamed fish is oh so delicious. I know its not going to be easy but you need to change your eating habits and stick with it as much as possible.
5. Start A New Hobby. Have you always wanted to take up hiking or canoeing. Why not make that time now. I bet somewhere near you is a nice state park where you can try hiking nature trails or maybe go camping. When I first started getting serious about trying to lose weight I tried to schedule at least one activity a month that I knew was going to provide me with some much needed exercise. Check out all the state parks with in a half days drive of your house. If there isn't a state park around check out your area and see what's available near you. Maybe you've always been interested in bird watching. It's a really great hobby that will provide you with a chance to get regular exercise and you just may see some beautiful birds and other wildlife. Maybe its time to purchase a digital camera and start taking pictures.
Start Slow And Discuss Your Weight Loss Plans With Your Doctor
Let me give you a bit of a warning here. If you've been setting around doing nothing for years start slow with your exercise and talk to your doctor about any plans before you get started. Tell the doctor exactly what you are planning and ask your doctors advise. If you haven't been walking for years you may need to start off really slow. Say 10 minutes three times a week and build on it until you can get up to 30 minutes of brisk walking five days a week. Remember all those pounds didn't get on there overnight and they aren't going to come off that way either. Crash diets don't work.
You also need to keep a journal and write down daily notes about your weight loss efforts and your exercise. Be sure to write down what works for you and what doesn't. Then later on you can refer back to your notes and see what works for you and what doesn't. You may also see important patterns develop where you will get a good ideal exactly what works for you as far as diet and exercise.
Drink Water Before Meals And You Will Consume Fewer Calories.
Studies have shown that people who drink at least two cups of water before a meal eat less and if you eat less you will consume fewer calories. In case you don't know you must consume fewer calories in order to lose weight.
If most over weight people will consume 8 eight ounce glasses of water a day they will eat much less at mealtime and they will lose weight. Try drinking your water over crushed ice with a little added fresh lemon juice added for a extra detoxifying effect on your body.
Caroline - Newest Joy Fit member lost 150 pounds by walking.
Work To Change Your Eating Habits Long Term.
Diet Tips For Junk Food Addicts.
First of all you should know that not all junk food is created equal. No you don't have to start eating just celery for a snack though it could be a good choice. Add some peanut butter to your celery sticks for a delightful treat. If you stick to it you'll get to the point where you love peanut butter on celery sticks.
Below are some ideals that you can use to lose weight and keep it off.
1. Have the cheeseburger but leave off the fries. Fast food fries are high in fat content. You can make homemade oven fries and they will not only be healthy for you but they will taste wonderful. Don't add salt. I know it was very hard for me to. But you can do it if you really want to.
2. Have low fat dressings and have your dressing on the side. Pick your salad ingredients up with a fork and dip the salad ingredients into your low fat salad dressing. Try vinegar and oil. You may like it a lot better than you think.
3. If your drinking regular soda stop today, and switch to diet soda. Diet Sprite or Diet Sun Drop taste the best. You may have to get used to the rest but you can save a lot of calories over a years time. If you can switch to just bottled water. I have now been successful with switching to water about half the time. I try my best to drink at least eight bottles of water a day.
4. Learn to drink your coffee black. Stop adding sugar and cream to your coffee. If you have to add anything add Splenda.
5. Use vinegar and oil for your salads when ever possible. Use fresh chopped herbs for added flavor. Fresh herbs that you grow yourself or buy at the local grocery store can really add a lot of flavor to your food. You can add wonderful flavor to steamed fish or vegetables with fresh chopped herbs.
6. Buy a steamer and start steaming your vegetables and fish when ever possible. Again use fresh herbs to season your steamed fish and vegetables.
7. Start walking every day even if you start with just 10 minutes a day. Try to add at least 5 minutes a day about every seventh day until you build up to walking briskly for 30 minutes a day. Walking is low impact and you really can walk yourself thin.
8. Switch from white bread to whole grain bread. Read labels. I repeat read labels. You can learn a lot by reading the labels.
9. Switch from white rice to brown rice. Brown rice will be much healthier for you and you can make some really wonderful high protein fried rice out of a little ham and some fried eggs. Add in a little onion, salt, and pepper for a delightfully delicious meal.
10. You can make delicious smoothies out of fruit, fruit juices, and crushed ice. Some of these can be really delicious especially made in the blender. Buy yourself a blender and start making and drinking fruit smoothies. But do your research and be careful what you add to your fruit or veggie smoothies.
Remember That You Can Walk Yourself Thin.
If you'll try doing those 10 things you will lose weight. It took me a long time to learn that in order to lose weight and keep it off long term you must change your eating habits and you need to start walking even if it is for very short distances. When I first started walking I walked for 10 minutes three days a week. Now I walk for thirty minutes at a brisk pace five days a week.
Keep A Weight Loss Journal
You should always keep a journal and write down your weight and your goals. Be realistic though. All that weight didn't go on overnight and it isn't going to come off that way either. A very realistic goal is a pound a week. In a year that's 52 pounds.
© 2011 Thomas Byers
More by this Author
By Using The New And Improved Cabbage Soup Diet You Can Lose 30 Pounds In 30 Days. It Really Is Possible. Click Here For The New And Improved Cabbage Soup Diet I'm sure there are a lot of us who would love to lose 30...
Here are 18 ways or more of ways you can lose weight with out going on a diet. Yes you really can lose weight with out having to diet. Why not read how now.
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.