Advantages of Meditation
There are many different benefits of meditation. There are physical, mental, and spiritual benefits that can be experienced as a result of regular meditation.
People meditate for a variety of different reasons. Some people meditate for spiritual reasons while others meditate to help alleviate the stress and anxiety from their daily lives.
This is an inexpensive way of improving your life. While not always easy to quiet the mind, it is definitely worth the time to practice. Meditation doesn't require any special equipment, and has no negative side effects.
Advantages of Meditation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps reduce the physical effects of stress
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Improved airflow to lungs which results in easier breathing and increased oxygen intake
- Increases the amount of gray matter in the brain
- Causes short and long term changes in how the brain functions
- Improves your observation skills
- Regular meditation can increase immunity against diseases and allergies
- Helps with loss weight and weight control
- Enhances strength, energy, stamina, and vitality
- Natural cure for headaches and migraines
- Slows down the aging process by decreasing the amount of free radicals in the body
- Mobility and flexibility increases
- Hand-Eye coordination improves
- Improves posture
- Improves sleep, time to fall asleep decreases, and helps with insomnia
- Helps with menstruation pains
- Increased brain wave connection
- An increase in creativity
- Decreases in anxiety, stress, depression, moodiness, and irritability
- Improved learning ability and memory
- Feelings of vitality and rejuvenation
- Increased happiness, emotional stability, and self-actualization
- Helps to achieve altered states of consciousness
- Assists with controlling emotions
- Improves a person's self-esteem and confidence
- improves focus and concentration
- Helps people free themselves from addictions such as cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol
- Assists people with their phobias and fears
- Develops and improves intuition
- Improves productivity
- Improved relationships at home and work
- Helps with the ability to be able to see the larger picture
- Increased learning capacity
- Mental strength and willpower
- Shifting of goals toward spiritual and personal growth
- Become more attuned toward the spiritual dimension of life
- Keeps things in performance
- Increased sense of compassion
- Deeper understanding of yourself and the world around you
- Brings your body, mind, and spirit into harmony with each other
- Creates a deeper relationship with the Divine (God)
- Attains enlightenment
- Helps with living in the present moment
- Discovery of the consciousness beyond the ego
- Experiencing your inner sense and sense of Oneness with the Universe
- Way to get in closer connection with the true self
- Ability to experience life more consciously
These are just a few of the benefits that people experience from an established mediation practice. There are obviously many advantages to meditation, so why isn't everyone meditating? It's because meditating does require patience and practice. When people first start meditating, they realize that their mind is like an unruly 2 year old. The mind does require a gentle and patient training period.
Just please don't give up, because the improvements in your life will simply be amazing! In my next post I will be discussing some helpful tips for meditating and will be useful, for the people new to meditation, as well as the experienced.
More by this Author
Candles have been an important witch's tool for many centuries. Candles are used with assisting in increasing a spell's power and to influence a particular power. The color of the candle that is used for a specific...
The mortar is the a bowl, and the pestle is a blunt object. One end of the pestle is used for crushing and grinding substances that are placed in the mortar. How to use the mortar and pestle: Place the substance to...
Your BOS (Book of Shadows) is a collection of information that you will need to keep in your magickal journey's. Your BOS is a sacred tool and an item of power and should be treated as such. Once you purchase or make...