What's Chlorella and which are Chlorella's effects on human health ?
Chlorella is the generic name of a single-cell algae, of microscopic dimension, that grows in fresh water and contains the highest amount of chlorophyll of all known plants.
Its name derives from the Greek words "chloride", which means green and "ella" meaning small, referring to the size of the microscopic algae.
There are approximately 8,000 species of Chlorella, of which the best known are Chlorella vulgaris, Chlorella pyrenoidosa and Chlorella ellipsoidea, whose chemical composition contains specific elements that give these species a number of special therapeutic qualities.
Why is it so special?
Chlorella's effects are beneficial for the overall health of the human body, it is used in prevention of a number of medical conditions, but also to treat some.
- A great immune stimulator;
- Powerful antioxidant;
- Helps Digestion;
- Helps in prevention and cure of diabetes, asthma, cancer;
- Regulates blood pressure;
- Powerful detoxifier;
- Regulates PH;
- Creates hormonal balance;
"On the whole, chlorella strengthens the immune system, promotes bowel health, helps to detoxify the body, cleanses the blood stream, liver, and kidneys, alleviates peptic ulcers, increases oxygen to your body's cells and brain, promotes proper growth in children, fights infection, helps raise the pH of your body to a more alkaline state, promotes the production of friendly flora in your gastrointestinal tract, and even helps to counteract the fatigue and mood swings associated with PMS and perimenopause." (Sarah Britton, A holistic nutritionist )
Chlorella Effects on human body is mainly due to its high content of chlorophyll.
Chlorophyll is the most important organic substance in nature. Chlorophyll is one of the fundamental substances on Earth, as its presence in plants and algae cels, assures directly or indirectly, the energy and breathing process of almost all other organisms on Earth. Due to chlorophyll, green plants are autotrophic organisms and photosynthesis is the most important biochemical process on Earth.
Every organism on Earth (except some bacteria) that is not capable of producing its own organic substances out of minerals , lives directly or indirectly due to chlorophyll synthesis , so at its expense. Virtually all animal and human life hangs on this molecule.
Chlorophyll is though considered a vital substance. When it's consumed, it is instantly absorbed into the human body, nourishing the brain, organs, blood with substantial quantities of Oxygen, thus boosting the performance of the entire organism.
Another interesting effect of Chlorophyll, and of course a Chlorella effect as well, is that it combines with toxins in the body and is rapidly eliminated from the system, and alsi creates an unhealthy environment for bad bacteria, thus protecting the body from infections.
It's the best thing for cleaning the entire body, especially the liver or for healing wounds.
Chlorella vs Spirulina
Chlorella and Spirulina both contain a lot of Chlorophyll, but which one to choose if you want to get the benefits of this vital substance?
- 45% protein
- 20% fat
- 20% carbohydrate
- 5% fiber
- 10% minerals and vitamins
- algae rich in over 20 vitamins and minerals calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, iodine, vitamin C, B1, B2, B2, B5, B6, B12, E and K, biotin, inositol, folic acid
- 18 amino acids including the 8 essential
- immune system and fight infection
- rich in beta-carotene
- lowers cholesterol
- helps in losing weight and maintaining a slim body
- is used in Japan for duodenal ulcer, gastritis, colitis, hypertension, diabetes, asthma
- rich in chlorophyll, which has a regenerating effect on the cellular level, protects against UV radiation
- prevents the spread of cancer
- protects the body against radiation used in cancer treatments
- high in fiber, accelerates intestinal transit, helping to detoxify body and cure constipation
- balances body pH because it is alkaline
- it is recommended to Alzheimer and Parkinson patients because it can restore nerve damage in the brain and nervous system in general
- slows tumor growth
- deposition of mercury in the body wash and other heavy metals
- the most concentrated source of vitamin B12, is 26 times richer than a serving of beef (daily requirement of B12 is 2-3 micrograms). Despite what some say, it is easily absorbed by human body.
- the most concentrated natural form of nutrients
- is 58 times richer in iron than a serving of raw spinach
- contains all essential amino acids
- 65% protein
- rich in chlorophyll
- rich in beta-carotene
- contains phytochemicals
- contains an essential fatty acid (GLA) which makes hair and skin glow
- anti-inflammatory function
- protects the body against invasion of germs
- increase the microbial flora
- symptoms of anemia, poisoning can be removed with it
- can prevent cancer and viral infections
- bacterial or parasitic infections are easily treated
- as chlorella, cleanse the body from possible radiation poisoning
- a good help in removing stress and depression
Chlorella vs Spirulina, in terms of Chlorophyll concentration?
Spirulina usually has a content of 1-2% of Chlorophyll, and Chlorella about 3-5%.
Chlorella and Fibromyalgia
No group of people benefits more from chlorella than women with fibromyalgia. A study at the Medical College of Virginia found that taking 10 grams (3 tablespoons) of chlorella a day for two months substantially reduced pain, although it did not eliminate it.
Find out about the most popular Chlorella Yaeyama
More by this Author
Carrots are one of the highest in nutrients vegetable, with great therapeutic qualities. The varieties of carrots include: white carrot, purple carrot, red carrot, black carrot, orange carrot, baby carrot. The nutrition...
So you're expecting for the most beautiful moment in your life! To give birth to a human being is wonderful. Here are a few mom to be quotes, some pregnancy sayings that will light your day and make you feel that you're...
According to the laws of love, you have no right to turn the mirror to another person. Each person should use the mirror as he or she wants and when he or she wants, but only for him or her and never for others. We...
No comments yet.