If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all. – Joey Adams
Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. - Earl of DerbyTake care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. - Jim Rohn
Activity is positive and good. There are many benefits of exercise and any activity is better than none. Here are some workout ideas you may consider:
1. Swimming – Swimming is a great total-body workout that strengthens the body, soothes the mind, regulates breathing, stimulates circulation and puts no stress on the joints. Unlike other sports (running, weight training, etc…) which concentrate on specific muscle groups, swimming benefits the whole body and is one of the fastest ways to improve endurance, muscle tone and cardiovascular fitness.
2. Group Sports – playing a game of basketball or soccer with your friends is a great way to stay fit. Not to mention it's fun.
3. Hiking – Hiking can be a refreshing break from the hustle of everyday life and a great way to whip your heart, lungs and muscles into shape while taking in the sights.
4.Bicycling - Bicycling is one of the fastest ways to achieve cardiovascular fitness and is a great way to burn lots of calories. A recent study showed that doing just 30 minutes of vigorous exercise, such as cycling, six times a month reduces the risk of premature death by 56 percent.
5. Hill Sprints - Hill sprints will get you fit fast. Hill sprints increase explosive power, endurance, lower body strength, muscle mass and quickly reduce excess bodyfat. Hill sprinting will strength the hips, the groin, and the hamstrings and quads.
6. Yoga - Yoga is based on ancient meditative and breathing practices and can have major physical and mental health benefits. With yoga you can relax and exercise at the same time.
7. Fitness Boxing – Fitness Boxing is a full body workout that takes the best aspects of workouts used by some of the world’s most finely conditioned athletes – boxers. It combines them into a fitness program that is safe for the »average« person, in other words, with Fitness Boxing, you train like a boxer in everything but full contact sparring. Burn body fat fast and box your way to fitness.
8. Dancing - Dancing is fun and a great way to get in shape, build confidence and meet new people. If you don't know how to dance, go here - Dancing4Beginners.com
Being fit improves your overall health and quality of life. If you're having trouble staying motivated, try workout songs.
More by this Author
Mairead Nesbitt is a Classical and Celtic music performer, most notably as a fiddler and violinist. Mairead is a musician who believes in giving herself fully to the music.
Reading guitar notes is no rocket science, but it's not easy either, especially if you're a beginner. You'll just have to give yourself some time for learning. Remember, practice makes perfect.