Home remedies for whooping cough
Whooping cough or pertussis is a highly contagious disease and can cause trouble in the lungs. The common symptoms of whooping cough are cold, sneezing, runny rose, fever, mild cough and vomitting. Whooping cough occur in children 1 to 5 years of age and some children upto 12 years of age. Whooping cough can be prevented by immunization in babies in the form of triple vaccine. Here are some home remedies for whooping cough in children.
Some home remedies for whooping cough
1. Garlic: The most effective home remedy for whooping cough is the use of garlic. One teaspoon of garlic mixed with equal amount of honey can be given 3 times a day. You can give 5 times if the coughing spells are frequent and violent.
2. Ginger: Ginger is another home remedy for treating whooping cough in children. Heat a pan and add 1 cup of water. When it begins to boil add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, teaspoon of ginger and a dash of honey. Boil until it is reduced to half. Strain the ginger liquid and consume it.
3. Radish: Mix a teaspoon of radish with equal amount of honey. To this add some rock salt. You can take 3 times daily. Radish or muli juice is beneficial in the treatment of whooping cough.
4. Almond oil: Almond oil is also valuable in the treatment of whooping cough. You can take 5 drops of almond oil mixed with ten drops of white onion juice. Have this almond oil mixture thrice daily.
5. Tulsi: Mix 5ml of tulsi leaves juice with 10ml of honey. You can give this juice 3 or 4 times for children. This is another way to cure whooping cough.
6. Orange juice: Orange juice is also beneficial for whooping cough. Half cup of orange juice mixed with half cup of warm water. Consume orange juice daily.
7. Consipation: If the child has constipation, you can give castor oil. Castor oil is used as laxative for children and adults. Mix 1 teaspoon of castor oil with a glass of milk to relieve constipation.
Whooping cough diet:
Give some fresh orange juice and water for a few days to your child to reduce the whooping cough. Slowly you can add juicy fruits such as apples, pineapple, papaya with a cup of milk sweetened with honey. They can go for a regular diet after full recovery from whooping cough.
Whopping Cough on Amazon
More by this Author
Gastroparesis Gastroparesis means paralysis of the muscles of the stomach. It results in delayed emptying of food from the stomach into the small intestine. Sometimes this may lead to undigested food hardening into...
How to find whether your baby has diarrhea, how to treat it, and what to feed your baby.
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.
No comments yet.