How To Become A Self Help Guru
I Want To Be A Guru
A guru for the sake of this article is an expert or someone who pertains to have knowledge in a particular field such as fitness, finance, love and relationships, health, self awareness, or many other fields of expertise.
A guru is simply an expert in his/her particular field who shares their knowledge with others, for a small fee of course, after all what good would a guru be to anyone if they didn't have any money to spend on food or drink for themselves.
Self help is the name of the game for any successful guru.
And if you know anything about anything then you could easily become a self help guru too.
How To Become A Guru
You can become a guru too, it is much easier than you think but you have to be a confident person who is not afraid to speak in public; to a live audience or even to the whole country, if you are picked up by one of the major T.V networks.
The first step in becoming a guru is to write a self help book or to get an article published in a newspaper or magazine. You could even write an article like this one on the Internet and hope that it goes viral around the world.
The point is that to become a guru you first need to try and make a name for yourself and finding exposure to spread your word to a wide audience.
One that you have become known to the world the money will start rolling in from vulnerable people who "Need your help".
Your job now is as a motivational speaker, people need to hear your words of wisdom at speaking events or even on television or talk radio shows, you need an audience to hear what your message of hope and success. You need to let people know that by listening to your message that they can find the same success, comfort, fitness, health, happiness or love if they follow your advice.
10 Motivational Acronyms
ALF- Always Listen First.
DREAM- Dedication, Responsibility, Education, Attitude, Motivation.
GROW- Goals, Reality, Options, Will.
IDEA- Identify, Design, Execute, Augment.
PRIDE- Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence.
SWOT- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.
HOPE- Hang On To Positive Expectations.
PEACE-Pursue Excellence And Cherish Everyday.
LOVE- Let Our Voices Echo.
LOVE- Living Our Vision Everyday.
7 Step Guru Guide
Every successful Guru needs a step guide such as "Ten Steps To Better Health" or "Twelve Steps To Attract women".
A step by step guide is vitally important without it your chances of becoming a self help motivational guru will be very slim indeed.
Your step by step guide is actually more for your benefit rather than that of your targeted audience; it is a reference guide for you to fall back on when someone asks you a question.
"The answer to your question can be found in step three of my guide, Finding Your Inner God or Goddess,".
Becoming A Guru In Seven Easy Steps
- Self Confidence Is King: Building your self confidence to a level where you are able to speak confidently and with conviction in public is an essential part of being self help guru.
- Belief In Your Own Words: If you want to convince people that your way of doing things is the best way to find success in their endeavours you have to make them believe that you have total faith in your message and that you believe in everything that you are telling them.
- Acronyms Help People To Remember: When trying to get your message across to the masses acronyms are a great way to help your audience remember what they need to do to find their own levels of success. An acronym such as A.C.T could be used in motivational speaking for Audience, Confidence and Tactfulness. A guru should always approach an audience with confidence in their words and always be tactful with them because these people are asking for your help through their troubles.
- Mantras: Every good guru needs a mantra, words that you ask your audience to repeat over and over a few times in time with yourself, a mantra gives the audience a feeling of participation and a boost in self confidence even if it is just for a few seconds. "I can be Successful and I will be successful,", "I can be Successful and I will be successful,", "I can be Successful and I will be successful,".
- Audience Participation: A good guru will always get the audience involved in the show, he/she will ask leading questions and pick out at random a person in the audience to answer it. questions such as, " Do you want to find love?" or "Do you want to be successful in business?". questions that can only really be answered with a yes because really that is why they are at your meeting. you follow up their yes answer with "You can be successful if you follow my ten step guide,"
- Product Sales: Every good guru needs to have a product line to sell online or after each meeting, T/shirts with motivational slogans, books, mugs, pens or any other paraphernalia where you can place a motivational message. After all is said and done you are out there to maximize your income and selling products is a good way to do so.
- Public Persona: What you get up to in your own private life is personal and private and should be kept that way. As a guru though, how you act in public should always reflect the message that you are sharing. You must always be seen in public places living up to the word that you are spreading; failure to keep up with your own philosophy will eventually get into the press rooms and your reputation will be shattered.
Can You Do It?
Are You Ready To Become A Guru And Make Lots Of Money?See results without voting
The Guru Guide Book
Being a guru is often often has a short shelf life you can be the most important person in the world one minute and the next you are left on the scrapheap to wallow and cry into the piles of money that you made in your fifteen minutes of fame but it does not have to be that way.
Once that you have mastered your art then it is time to diversify find another niche and start motivating people out of their problems all over again.
Second time around you will find that people remember you from your first time on the circuit and they will flock to see your latest developments. if you were a health guru the first time around maybe you should keep that theme going as a fitness guru or a healthy eating guru.
there is money out there waiting to be put into your bank account all you have to do is go out there and grab it.
Always remember You Can Do It and Yo Will Do It.
More by this Author
The truth about Move Free the arthrits and joint pain "Wonder drug" Does it live up to the hype?
Nothing annoys a smoker more than being approached by a goody two shoes trying to lecture them on the dangers of smoking. How do you deal with them.
What time do my wages actually go into my bank account? A list of times that banks update user accounts and release funds.