Tips on How To Avoid Boredom : Avoid Being Bored
How to avoid being bored?
Boredom affects everybody. It is a state of feeling when you want to do something more exciting than the present condition you are in. Sometimes we are also bored when we are thinking of something to be done but we think we don’t have the capacity to do it. It is also the state of inactivity. Sometimes when we subject ourselves to prolonged state of silence we become bored. That’s why sometimes people with many children don’t get bored as much as those who are single. We can imagine the noise brought about by children running around. There are various ways to avoid being bored. It is us who knows ourselves and it is also us who can cure boredom. Prolonged boredom may result to depression too.
How can we avoid boredom? Here are some tips to avoid it:
- Have peace within yourself. Sometimes inactivity doesn’t mean that you are not productive. We all deserve a quiet time to think and just unwind so that we can relax. We deserve it.
- Some of us are single, single parent, working, stay at home mom or dad, whatever the circumstances are, you need to be occupied so that you don’t have time to be bored.
3. Engage in a worthwhile activity. For most of us who are working, try to evaluate yourself if you want to have more working hours, or more time for your children. Try to find a way for you to engage in anything worthwhile like reading a book, read some recipes and try to cook, or clean the garage anything which will take your time and accomplish something.
4.Surround yourself with people or at lesst talk to a person once in a while. Communicate and reach out to others. You may want to talk or send an SMS to a friend whom you didn’t talk for so long.
5. Set a time and scheduler and follow it to the minute meaning try to have a schedule which will while away your time. Like for example after working, you might want to watch your favorite television shows after eating, or call a friend just to chit chat or fix the attic. You should not pressure yourself in cleaning it at one time only, but instead try to make the activity not so boring by hearing music There are hundred ways of things to be done.
6. Give yourself a break. Once or twice a week, you go out with your friends, go to the mall, buy something for yourself.
7. Try to exercise and take a walk at least thrice a week. If you have more time, enroll in gym or group sports, like bowling. Any in house games or sports will do so that you don’t get bored
8. Develop a hobby : For example you want to take care of a pet (if you still have extra time), because most of us have children specially when they are young, they are handful but once they are grown up already, then you have some extra time to do other things.
9.It is time to think of an activity which you really like to do before but you cant do, then go for it, for example learning the guitar, or cross stitching for women.
More by this Author
Color Your Day : The Benefits of Color Therapy. Color, color, color, color, it brightens the day and make you happier specially at times when you are stressed out. People have color preferences and usually they based...
Humor Quotes and Funny Jokes About Pregnant Women. I like to read humor and laughter about anything pertaining to the world around us -- people, places, situations and anything which will make me laugh. That's what I do...
In honor of the Cinco de Mayo (May 5) celebration, I will feature in this hub the beautiful, best and famous Mexican actresses and actors. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration in Mexico and in other parts of the world where...