How to Improve your Chances of Conceiving a Baby
In order to give yourself the best chances of becoming pregnant quickly you should follow some very important routines / steps. For some people, conceiving is really easy, and can be achieved with little effort. However this is not the case for everyone. Around 1 in 6 couples have problems conceiving. Hundreds of thousands of couples in the UK alone have undergone IVF treatment in desperation to conceive. In the last 50 years the average family has less children than that of the previous 50 years. One explanation for this might be that couples are not trying to have children at such a young age anymore, with the average age of a new mother being around 28 years old. This seems surprising considering the amount of teenage pregnancies we hear about these days, but the fact of the matter is that the econmic climate is tough, house prices have risen quickly and people do not have exposable income.
How to improve your chances of getting pregnant quick
- You should already know this by know, but it should still be mentioned! One night a week is probably not enough if you are serious about conceiving. The more sex you have, the more chace you have of conceiving!
- Take care of yourself and your body. Make sure that you eat healthily and regularly. A healthy person has more chance of conceiving.
- Get your BMI tested. It is important that you try to maintain a good body mass index. If you have a high or a low BMI then you are risking your chances of fertility by up to 75%. Therefore it is pivital that you exercise regularly and eat healthily.
- Not always easy, but aim to get as close to your optimum weight as possible. You should ask your GP what this is for you. Keep your stress levels down. Stress can effect your chances of conceiving because the body uses its energy to fight the stress rather than getting you pregnant. Therefore timing of pregnancy is also important.
- Try not to get too upset if you haven't become pregnant in the first couple of months of trying for a baby. For 10% of couples it takes longer than a year and a half to become pregnant. It doesn't always happen overnight, so do not worry. Stress will only slow you down in the long run and reduce your chances even further. Therefore don't become impatient and do not loose faith. It can still happen. There have been cases where women have been told they will not be able to conceive by doctors, and have still managed to do so.
How to REDUCE your chances of conceiving (what you shouldn't do)
- Men should avoid placing a laptop on their lap. This may sound fictional, but it has been scientifically proven that by doing so your sperm count can drop significantly, reducing your chances of fertalising and conceiving.
- Drinking also has a negative effect with regards to fertility. You should try to steer away from alcoholic drinks as much as possible as even just a small amount on a regular basis can lead to infertility.
- Don't use drugs. Drug will increase the number of abnormalities in sperm in the same way that smoking does. It goes without say that you should avoid illegal drugs whether you are trying to conceive or not, but when trying to conceive you should avoid drugs whether you are the male or the female, and this applies also to when you are pregnant as your chance of a miscarriage will increase rapidly.
- Don't use any contraceptives as they will reduce your chances significantly.
- Many are probably already well aware that smokers have a much lower chance of conceiving. For males smoking lowers the sperm count and it increases abnormal sperm. For females smoking increases the chance of a miscarriage by 50%. Therefore you should aim to quit smoking for some time before trying for a baby, and make sure that you do not smoke whilst pregnant.
How useful was the information provided on this page?See results without voting
More by this Author
There are over 75 types of Tribunal and Administration Tribunals are used more frequently than most others. Nearly all Administration Tribunals are created by statute and are the enforcement of social and welfare...
Laser Eye Surgery has become popular throughout the world and is understandly widely available also. The country that is generally thought to have the cheapest lasik eye surgery is usually India. This is very true as...
Before we start, take a look at the picture on the right. It is the poster for Derren Brown - Svengali. Stare at the picture for 10 seconds or so, focusing on the stage area. Then continue reading through the page, but...