How to get rid of Dengue mosquito and other types of Mosquitoes
Try out this new mosquito trap
- Using Mosquito Traps to Control Mosquitoes
A good mosquito trap can be hard to find - and especially critical when what you can find is a mosquito every time you turn around. What works? What doesn't? What can you trust when searching for the right...
How to get of mosquitoes
Use led Mosquito lights to get rid of them
Types of Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes in most tropical countries can spread diseases if not properly controlled as they harbor viruses that usually carry Dengue fever, Malaria and Yellow fever.
There are over 27.000 types but they may be placed under these three major categories
- Aedes- Otherwise called "floodwater" mosquitoes because flooding accelerates the hatching of their eggs .The Aedes physical noticeable features are abdomens with pointed tips. They include such species as the yellow-fever mosquito (Aedes aegypti) and the Asian tiger (mosquito Aedes albopictus).
They usually attack at dawn and in the early evening. Their bites are painful
- Anopheles- These tend to breed where there are bodies of permanent fresh water. This type of mosquito has abdomens with pointed tips. They include several species, such as the common malaria mosquito (Anopheles quadrimaculatus), that can spread malaria to humans.
- Culex- These tend to breed in quiet, still, standing water. Culex mosquitoes have abdomens with blunt tips. They include several species such as the northern house mosquito (Culex pipiens). They tend to live only a few weeks during the summer months. They persistently bite (preferring birds over humans) and attack at dawn or after dusk. Their bite is painful.
How to Get Rid Of Mosquitoes
Mosquito control Practices
If for any reason you are planning on taking a trip to a Caribbean island there are some precautions you should take.
1. Do an excellent search for disease outbreak like those mentioned above
2. Take adequate insect repellent with you.
3. You can also take repellent in the forms of lights and candles
4. Make sure plants in the building you are staying are planted in soil instead of water as this is a good breeding area.
5. Keep the trough of none frost refrigerator dry.
6. Cover trash containers to keep out rain
7. Punch holes in the tins of all canned foods you eat before putting them in the garbage so mosquitoes will not hatch in them.
8. Empty and wash all containers used for the feeding of pets.
9..Make sure grass and shrubbery around the building are well trimmed
10 Container used around the house should be covered.
11. Coconut eaten on your vacation which is a good way of cooling down, husk should be cut into small pieces so it does not hold water.
12 Close doors and windows at twilight even if you have screen this is the time when mosquitoes attack most.
How to get rid of mosquitoes is an age old question. As we advance there are more and more sophisticated ways of doing so However the least expensive and environmentally effective and friendly way is prevention.
More by this Author
Do ever want to know what is your journey in life ? you may want to look at animal cards
Medicine Cards spreads Medicine card spread is used depending on the medicine one is seeking or or the problem one is trying to heal. The cards that come with medicine card spread each has a number and an animal on...
Beware of the six million dollar mailing list. This is one big scam.