How To Stop Snoring When Your Sleeping
Remedies for noisy snoring
How To Stop Noisy Snoring and Get a Better Nights Rest
During some point in our lives, it is common for a lot of people to notice that they have a snoring problem. This problem can leave many people to feel helpless as if they cannot control their noisy snoring problem, but don't worry there are many cures out there that can help you stop snoring. See, the problem with snoring is that it can lead to poor sleep, daytime fatigue, irritability and an increased risk for health problems. Furthermore, if your sleep is excessively loud it can wake your partner up and you can end up being sent to another room to sleep.
When partners have trouble sleeping together due to loud snoring, it definitely can diminish the quality of your relationships, and of course the quantity and quality of your sleep patterns. It is important to treat snoring so that you can cure snoring issues forever, and make sleeping problems a thing of the past. This article aims to help answer questions like: How to Stop Snoring.
If you want to stop snoring, its essential that you consider the cause and understand how abnoxious your snoring problem is. If you identify the cause, it will help you find the best possible solution. Before you do anything too drastic, you can follow these simple guidelines that may help you stop noisy snoring.
- Sleep On Your Side
- Limit alcohol and medications
- Clear your nasal passages
- Elevate the upper portion of your bead so that your head is elevated
- Lose weight
If snoring continues after you have implemented these simple guidelines. There are still solutions, but they may be a little more prolonged. Dont worry, there are solutions that you can learn more about that will provide you with effective resources below that show you how to stop snoring.
What causes the snoring sound?
The snoring sound is caused by a narrowing in the airway, this can be caused from poor sleep posture or abnormal soft tissues in the back of the throat. A narrow airway prevents smooth breathing and creates a vibrational sound known as snoring.
- If you snore with your mouth closed: Your tongue is probably associated with your snoring problem.
- If you snore with your mouth open: Snoring is most likely caused by the tissues in your throat
- If you only snore on your back: Your snoring is probably only a mild case, you can improve the problem by improving your sleeping habits or by making healther lifestyle changes.
- If you Snore in all sleep positions: You are most likely a person that suffers from chronic snoring, and you may need more complex treatments to help you stop.
The Impact snoring has on your health
Typically, snoring causes loss of sleep for both the person that is snoring and the person that is sleeping next to them. The combination of snoring noises and excessive rolling over and turning around can prevent both people from getting a good nights sleep. When snoring does cause you and and your partner to have trouble sleeping, sleep deprivation can be the result. Sleep deprivation can cause additional problems such as excessive sleepiness, lack of productivity at work, irritability as well as many other negative health risks that can arise.
Things you can do to prevent loud snoring
- Sleeping Posture is imporant. Sleeping on your back allows the tissue in your throat to be more relaxed and therefore it is easier to obstruct your airway when you are sleeping on your back.
- Smoking damages the throat tissue, relaxes throat muscles and can cause nasal congestion which can cause you to snore at night
- Alcohol and medications increase muscle relaxation and can increase the intensity of snoring, alcohol and medications can also be a culprit by causing problems sleeping, as well as increasing the chance for dreams that disrupt sleep patterns.
- Being out of shape or overweight means you have an increased mount of fatty tissue and less toned muscle which can tend to increase the risk for snoring related conditions.
Snoring and Its Relation To Sleep Apnea
It is possible that snoring issues can be a symptom of sleep apnea as well. Sleep apnea is could be a life threatening condition in that it is a breathing obstruction that causes the person sleeping to awaken at random times during the night to being breathing again. Sleep apnea causes people to wake up many times during the night to catch their breath. Snoring is found to be a common problem with people that suffer from sleep apnea although it does not necessarily cause sleep apnea.
Surgical Procedures that can reduce your tendency to snore
If you can't seem to stop snoring using the natural remedies listed above. There are certain surgeries like Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), tonsillectomy, and adenoidectomy that increase the size of your airway by removing tissues in your throat. These are of course everyone's last resort as it is the most expensive and stressful solution. These surgeries are not a sure way to stop snoring, but they have proven to show improvement in some cases. Personally, I try to avoid surgery whenever possible due to other complications that can arise so I would highly recommend that you try natural snoring remedies before considering surgery.
There is also a new procedure called palatal implantation in which a small plastic implant is inserted into the soft palate. This procedure is administered under local anesthesia, it is said to have mild side effects as scar tissue does tend to build up around the implants. This causes the soft palate to become harder which then stops the vibration sound that snoring causes. The Palatal implantation is a new procedure and has been said to be an expensive surgical procedure which is why I recommend natural snoring remedies before you consider surgery as an alternative.
Do You Snore When You Sleep?See results without voting
Remedies that prevent snoring problems
Information about Snoring
More by this Author
A mens guide to increasing male libido and maintaining healthy circulation. Along with exercise, there are many foods that can help men maintain a healthy balance.
Why Zinc is one of the most important nutrients that our body needs to function properly.
A dietary guide to building bigger muscle on your arms and the lifestyle you should embrace if you want larger biceps and triceps. High protein diet and pre-workout supplements are key to growth.