My Basic Rules of Life
Through the years (all 55 of them), I have experienced many things and have learned many lessons through personal experience and by watching others. There are a lot of these lessons that I try to live by day to day, but these are some of the most obvious:
1. Don’t wear sunglasses unless you need to wear sunglasses. Don’t wear them indoors or to try to look cool, you’ll just look like an idiot instead.
2. Don’t kill animals for sport.
3. When shaking hands, always look at the other person in the eye.
4. Never use the cruise control when it is raining.
5. Don’t do anything that you may have to lie about later.
6. Always help another in need as much as you possibly can, with whatever means you have available.
7. Be kind to strangers.
8. Say hello to people you pass while walking.
9. Be kind to animals. Take the time to pat a dog’s head.
10. Be a positive influence on a younger person.
11. Always do your best. Always try to do good works.
12. Always keep your word.
13. Treat others the way that you would like to be treated.
14. Give thanks to the Lord above for everything, good or bad.
More by this Author
Having Gout is no picnic. The damage it causes is irreversible as you get older. I am convinced that how you live your life when you are young makes a physical difference when you are older.
Mold infestation in your home is a true silent killer. Know what to look for before it is too late! Its presence can and will destroy your health and finances.
It has been more than 30 years since my first gout attack. Through a lot of research and self discipline, I have been able to deal with it comfortably with little or no pain.