Stylish Bicycle Helmets
For safety reasons it's of course important to wear a helmet, whenever you go cycling. There is however no reason not to look good and be safe at the same time. To that end, we will look at a wide variety of stylish bicycle helmets, in this article.
Stylish Sport Bicycle Helmets
The first thing you will notice about sport helmets are that they have a lot of holes in them. This is to keep the air flowing over your head and to keep you as cool as possible. Giro is a well respected bicycle accessories brand and this is their best selling sports model.
A single helmet can come in a number of stylish designs. You can see them if you click through to the Amazon page. Let's look at some of the nicer ones now.
I really like the crimson, white and black shiny design on the right.
I could also see myself in the blue design below.
Stylish Commuting Helmet
If, you mostly use your bike to get to and from work, the Bell Citi Bike Helmet is the helmet for you.
This helmet is so comfortable that you hardly notice you have it on your head. It comes with some reflective stickers. If you cycle to work in the dark the stickers are a necessary safety feature.
Being the right price, stylish design and having a great safety record makes the Bell Citi the best selling bicycle helmet for professionals.
Stylish helmet for women
The helmets that we have looked at so far are nice, but they aren't really girly. The Schwinn Artemis with it's floral pattern is more of a woman's helmet.
Other than the style of the helmet, the fit and the price are both great.
Giro Remedy Bike Helmet
If you are going to bike down the side of a mountain or do some tricks, you need more protection than the helmets that we have looked at so far provide.
The Giro Remedy isn't as heavy as it's competitors. I like their sense of style and use of color, and the ventilation is very good even on a hot day.
The inside of the helmet is surprisingly soft, making it an excellent fit.
Bicycle helmet tips
Helmet safety tips
- Always wear your helmet. It doesn't help if it's not on your head.
- Put your helmet on your head then shake your head. If your helmet moves it's not on tight enough. Adjust the strap.
- Regularly inspect your helmet for signs of wear or damage.
- Wear a helmet designed for your activity.
- Most falls cause you to bump the front of your head. So wear your helmet lower along the front.
- Never wear a headphone when you are riding a bicycle. If you can't hear the traffic you are more likely to get hit by a car.
General bicycle safety tips
- Dress appropriately. If its raining wear a poncho or other waterproof clothes. If there is low visibility, wear something bright.
- Use both hands to break. Allow for extra distance to stop when it's raining.
- Don't pass vehicles on the right.
- Make eye contact with drivers. It's the only way to be sure they see you.
- Learn hand signals then use them. Using hand signals tell the other road users what you are going to do.
More by this Author
Join me as I compare the top 10 content management systems. Find out which CMS is right for your site.
Flip phones have become very popular because they are compact, stylish and flip phones have their screens on the inside, protecting them from scratches. Traditionally flip phones weren't as powerful as other phones, but...
Ask any girl: What do you look for in a guy? The first answer is usually: a good sense of humor. With guys it is an important dating factor, but not quite as vital as with girls. If you think about it, being funny...
No comments yet.