The right way to do push-ups!
Push-ups tone up chest muscles and shoulders and strenghten the mid-section. Here are some details on how to perform some basic push-ups.
There is nothing better than building muscle to boost your metabolic rate and in the process getting a muscular physique. The golden rule is that the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolic rate because muscle has a higher rate of calorie consumption. Exercises that use body weight are a great way to build muscle and can simultaneously increase endurance, improve cardio respiratory performance and burn fat! Push-ups, squats, pull-ups, lunges are a few of the body weight exercises which effectively help you train your entire body and can be performed anytime and anywhere. Today we shall discuss push-ups and how they can help you tone up your upper body.
Push-ups not only recruit the muscles of the chest, shoulder, arms and upper back but also recruit muscles of your midsection for balance and stability..
Here is how to perform a basic push-up:
- With your feet together, place your palms on the floor with your elbows fully extended.
- Keep your back, hips, and legs in a straight line.
- Lower your body slowly towards the floor and stop when your elbow joints are in line with your shoulders.
- Pause for a moment. Begin straightening your arms to return to the start position.
- Inhale as you lower yourself toward the floor and exhale as you push yourself up from the floor.
- Always keep your back straight. Stop doing push-ups when your lower back gets tired. Don't sag in the middle as this could lead to injury.
If the basic push-up is difficult for you then you can perform push-ups with your knees touching the floor and build it from there. If the basic push-up is easy then you can try advanced push ups by keeping legs or hands on a stability ball.
Even 10 minutes of body weight exercises everyday can help you enhance your fitness levels significantly and get you closer to your goal of acquiring a good looking body.
More by this Author
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...
These are the world's most dangerous, deadly snakes for humans: Find out about the habits of each snake, where they live, and how to avoid them.
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...