How to lose weight in a healthy way? Tips and solutions!
The dream of everyone is to be slim and trim. Obesity can make you look aged and is the root cause to many health related problems.
How to know you are overweight?
- Look at yourself in the mirror.
- Do you like the reflection looking back at you?
- Do you look slim and agile?
- Do you look flabby and dull?
Why has obesity become so common today?
I can still remember the people who worked in my grandfather’s farm. They had to plough the field; cut firewood and generally their work involved lots of physical work. They had flat stomach and there was no superfluous flesh on them.
Computer is a reason
But modern youth spend most of their time glued to the computer and there is no physical work to burn the calories they intake. Today everyone wants to look slim and trim. You starve yourself to appear lean and in the process deny your body the essential nutrients.
No artificial means
There are some people who seek liposuction to reduce weight. You should understand that any artificial means of losing weight will have its own repercussions. You can reduce weight in a healthy way with no side effects to your body.
Your diet plays a very important part in making you gain or lose extra pounds. Your intake of unnecessary calories with no physical work to burn it is the reason for weight gain.
What exactly should I do to maintain proper body weight?
- Do not eat in restaurants and hotels, as the food prepared has lots of oil and fat.
- Bakery items and aerated drinks can work havoc to your body weight.
- Be physically active
- Do regular exercises
Drink lots of coconut water when you feel thirsty and it is very good for your health also.
Butter milk is an excellent thirst quencher and it is full of nutrients and antioxidants.
- Take one cup of yogurt
- Add a glass of water to it.
- Take one small green chili, a small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, and a tiny bit of ginger.
- Blend everything in a blender and strain in a colander.
- Add salt and refrigerate.
Whenever you feel thirsty, this highly nutrient drink quenches your thirst in a telling way.
Small things you can do to lose weight
- Do not use cars or two wheelers to go to nearby places.
- When you walk, you lose a few precious pounds.
- When at work place, walk up the stairs instead of using lifts and it becomes one form of exercise.
- Say a firm no to junk foods
These sorts of small changes in your day to day activities can make you lose weight in a healthy way.
The way to eat
- You should chew your food well before swallowing.
- In between your meals, drink water and your stomach feels full half way through your meals.
- Instead of iced drink, drink hot water
- Instead of having three heavy meals, spread it out as five small meals a day.
Walking is a splendid exercise suitable for all ages. Skipping used to be a favorite game during my days and is an effective way to reduce weight. You should encourage your children to be physically active and playing is an excellent exercise their body needs.
Regular exercises are very important in maintaining your body weight. If you do heavy exercise for a week and let go, the result will be negligible. Daily routine of mild exercises can make you see good results. When exercising concentrate on your stomach, hands and thighs, part of body which makes you look plump.
Diet, regular exercise and healthy living style are necessary for you to maintain a slim figure. Starving yourself will have negative results, irregular exercise will not work and stress eating will make you gain weight. Your mindset is very important in making you lose weight and you must understand that there are no short cuts to a slim and svelte figure.
© 2013 mathira
More by this Author
When you sympathize with others, the feeling is temporary as the feeling goes once the problem is solved.But empathy means seeing problems from other people's shoes and you share their viewpoint.
Old age can be lived the proper way if you have a positive mindset. Age related problems are mostly mind related and you have to overcome it to live a fruitful life, full of zeal and zest.
When the person whom you so ardently loved leaves you, you might feel that you have nothing left. Don't let someone who does not truly love you cause you to lose hope. When you are able to move on from the false love...